1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 IOMTT Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Critter, May 23, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I officially want to go drinking with those two :D

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're going to have to stop making excuses and get your ass over there.

tophyr and Yzasserina like this.
  3. ton

ton Arf!

no kidding. i'd put a few bucks into a gofundme just so we wouldn't have to keep hearing the lamentation:D

Jedb likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bills to pay and no money for the trip. That and I've managed to set things up where depending on the races schedule I have no choice but to go to the track. Not my best move for sure :D

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wouldn't help, won't do vacations on charity, it'd go to JU for air fence.

6. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Im sure Jim Sublet would be happy to step in for a month or so in your absence.

7. ton

ton Arf!

we wouldn't be sending you on vacation. just buying you a few (dozen) beers once you get yourself there!

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

You should talk to Toe about getting your moves right...
    He could even map out how to do it....
    :D

Steeltoe and Robin172 like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's got enough events to do - and not sure he could deal with out west :crackup:

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That thought does have merit :D

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

You need to go. Evelyne would LOVE it! I think Susan and I had as good a time as Fred and Paul did. Definitely a priority to go back.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The dream is I go do two weeks, bring her over for the second, then since we're already there swing over to Luxembourg and see family. However that is waaayyyy too long out of town and away from pups so maybe just the two/one setup then back home.

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yeah, agreed, we had a similar situation, realized we were overloading the boat. Break it down, or you won't do it. DO IT!

14. ton

ton Arf!

no reason to do the fortnight unless you're actually racing/crewing. show up and catch the last day of practice and all of race week. there's still plenty of time to see everything you'd want to on the island.

opinions, mileage varying, and all that...

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, 7 days of exploring the pubs, duh :D

If the boss comes over for week 2 the evening activities change drastically :crackup:

16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I hope some of those pubs have improved since the last time I was there. Establishments of class they were not.:eek:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Classy joints don't let me in anyway.

MachineR1 and tophyr like this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's the perfect excuse to never do it. It's been working what, 15, 20 years? :D

Just take a week, get your ass over there. WERA will live. There will be planes available the next summer to go to Luxembourg. Or, and just hear me out here, cheaper flights to go to Luxembourg the following winter.

19. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

You absolutely have to get Curry & Chips at 2 in the morning. Amirite, boys?
    @gpstar748 @tophyr @ton

tophyr likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Last vacation was a cruise during race season, things got screwed up (granted I fully expect the Isle of Man to have better net access than a ship). The Luxembourg part is definitely pipe dream stuff, the direct family is all gone now anyway.