1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 IOMTT Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Critter, May 23, 2019.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Blah blah blah. Book for next year IOMTT now.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I did put it on my Google Calendar :D

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Progress! :clap:

4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

5. Damn weather.

6. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I know you meant this to be a bad thing but I'm pretty sure this will just make Mongo want to go even more. :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I seriously read it through a few times trying to find the downside in his statement :D

8. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

It's a big one on my bucket list too. Luckily the wife is onboard and actually thinks it would be fun (mostly for the sidecars I think), but the whole baby thing puts a damper on international travel.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yet another reason I prefer dogs. Much easier to find an overnight dogsitter :crackup:

10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Stuff like this is why I like TT racers more than GP and WSBK racers!:D

11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

You'd have loved Yates's Wine Lodge then which was a large completely no frills drinking trough. A real dive, no seats so that they could more drinkers in, you'd get drunk from the smell walking past if the doors were open.

It was located pretty much as you got off the ferry in Douglas and the joke was that people got off the boat went straight there and only left to get the boat back a week later. I passed it one morning at around 11:00 as a bunch of blokes were walking in, that night on my way back to the paddock after the pubs closed those same people came staggering out. I'd like to think they weren't there all day but I'd probably be wrong.

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Colours, after the races are done are packed with racers and fans. Lots of drinking.
    It definitely lead to late night Curry/Chips and Kebabish. . .

13. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I’m listening to Manx radio again this morning. The sun is shining and they are going to try to cram 5 races in today.

joec likes this.
  14. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Colours shut down!! I definitely had wtf-face when I found that out. Jaks, Quids, and the Courthouse have more than filled in for it, however.

Superstock starting right now!! https://www.manxradio.com/radioplayer/am/

15. joec

joec brace yourself

Listening all morning....

16. joec

joec brace yourself

Lightweight this evening. TT zero, and senior qualifying.. I think they're saying 1pm Eastern Time.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Rutter and McPint congratulating a friend.

Attached Files:

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

On tonight in the USA I believe.

19. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Just watched Super Stock race, Hickman cost Dunlop a podium. Hickamn cruised thru the finish line and held Dunlop up.

20. jocko

jocko Well-Known Member

I returned from a week trip to I.O.M. yesterday. this was my first trip there. definitely not my last. It was even better than I expected. Planning a year in advance was the hardest part.

Steeltoe and Yzasserina like this.