1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 WSBK silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by CB186, Oct 12, 2017.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Camier to Honder.

BHP41 likes this.
  2. 418

418 Expert #59

Career ender right there.

Mot Okstef and throwdown like this.
  3. ...because his career was soaring on the MV.

:D

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

At least it won't blow up. :D

Mot Okstef, VFR#52 and BHP41 like this.
  5. It is a good move for Honda. Not only has he shown that he can win on a good bike (BSB), but he has shown that he can take a bad bike and make it a good bike. He has proven himself as a competitor, and developmental rider.

So Honda is thinking he can make the bike good...and then win on it.

Camier is thinking that he will be earning a good paycheck, and entering a situation where the only way to go is up.

If he doesn't win on the Honda, it won't look too bad because everyone knows the bike is a turd and nobody can win on it.

If he does win on it, he looks like a fucking miracle working superstar.

Win-win.

6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Not only that, but less chance of a check bouncing. You never really know what is going to happen to MV's financial picture from one day to the next.

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

No, but it may find a false neutral and try to kill him.

Kyle Brosius and Mot Okstef like this.
  8. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I’m happy to see this. He’s had some damn fine rides this year on that MV. If they could keep the engine together he would’ve already been on the box a few times.

Does this mean that PJ is moving up ? Sure hope so.

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Go from one unreliable bike to a larger displacement, unreliable bike.

BigBird and stk0308 like this.
  10. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

True. But he needs to move up to the bigger bikes. Camier has proven that it can run near the front( at least for 3/4 of the race,lol) so it would be good for him. Unless he gets on a Yamaha next year in SS he’d be better off doing what Camier did, wring that MVs neck until it pops and show that as a rider you can run at the front in SBK. Also, he knows the team so it wouldn’t be that huge of a change in terms of the garage atmosphere.

11. 418

418 Expert #59

Before this gets out of hand, you guys needs to watch some races. The MV has been light years ahead of the Hondas this year. The MV is actually coming good. And I'm sure Camier is riding his
    balls off.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    throwdown likes this.
  12. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was thinking.
    The MV fights with the yamahas, way behind Kawi and Duc.
    The Honda is fighting farther back, even with great riders it had/had.
    I still hope Leon makes the podium this year with the MV/

13. Right.

But it didn't used to be, and Camier has single handedly made it good, with no teammate. That is our point (or at least mine).

Honda thinks he might can do the same with their bike.

Camier gets to earn a paycheck with a team that has more resources and a more secure future.

Win for everyone.

VFR#52 and BHP41 like this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

15. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

does TenKate have more resources than MV? im not so sure. MV has been providing some technical support to the team, where as TenKate is getting mostly no technical support from Honda & HRC. TenKate riders have been calling for more crew all year and have been complaining that stuff isnt getting done in the box. the improvements they have made this year (stronger engine) have been offset by other huge problems, making it seem like they are going backwards. Camier's development skills are worthless if the team doesnt have the resources to improve the bike.

prospected likes this.
  16. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Does Emmett really have a writer named Kent Brockman? :crackup:

17. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

#truth. Remember during the 24 hour practice Bradl was saying that bike with HRC electronics was significantly faster than his kitted out WSBK machine? Ten Kate could not have been happy about hearing that.

stangmx13 likes this.
  18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Will Red Bull stay with Honda without Nicky?

19. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Ronald Ten Kate said that they have a two year deal together. After that, I assume it will be dependent on who is riding the bike and how it is doing. I'm really curious to see who they sign as their second rider for 2018. RTK doesn't seem too keen on Bradl, but Red Bull sounds like they want him. This was probably the worst time for him to injure himself.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Loris Baz?

Focker likes this.