1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 WSBK silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by CB186, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

At least 2 Suzukis on the WSBK grid next year but no "factory" Suzuki team. A second team from the German series is waiting on their sponsor to sign the contract to add 2 for a total of 4.

JustaNobody likes this.
  2. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

That might change now that Ducati took a more conventional direction chassis - wise. The main reasoning behind the alloy frame with the relatively long side beams (front cylinder) is controlled flex for increased rider feel.

3. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Is it the wild-card German team that run in one of the last races?

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I read it yesterday but yeah, one is a German team. The other is one of the Kawasaki teams. I'll see if I can find the story, it was on speedweek.com

5. For sure.

I mean, Ducati knows what they are doing and have never (at least in recent years) put out a bike that was a turd. When they release an all-new model, it is competitive...and without much work. In World Superstock it was a podium contender as soon as it rolled out of the pits, and those bikes are essentially stock.

But with that being said, basically nothing carries over to the new V4. Nothing anyone knows about the current Panigale will carry over. So there is no telling what will happen.

Floyd likes this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Blah blah blah blah, nothing carries over and my neighbor's dog likes ice cream and shits sprinkles. All that is nice and all but the important questions is, you getting one? :D

JustaNobody likes this.
  7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Ya ever notice that Broome has like 3 posts about motorbikes and just reposts them on rotation?

younglion and shakazulu12 like this.
  8. Huh?

9. Yes.

I’m just not sure when. It will be a while before aftermarket parts show up, and I kinda want to see what the R is like.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nah, half the time I forget what his name is today and another quarter I don't care. That gives him a much longer rotation at least for me. :D

11. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Speedweek is reporting that Jake Gagne has signed a contract with the Red Bull Honda team, with an official press release to come in the next few days. Looks like I'll be buying the WorldSBK video pass next year! :flag::clap:

418, MachineR1, BHP41 and 2 others like this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That's great to hear. Hope they get that bike more competitive.

I also hope Danny Walker gets another great rider and continues.

The Great One and JustaNobody like this.
  13. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Benny Solis?

14. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

Benny was riding moto 2 bikes last week , hopefully he gets something worked out over there

BHP41 likes this.
  15. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

He was riding Joe Roberts bike right?
    That's the CEV Moto 2 which would still be great.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Alright Jake, good to know an American will be filling in Nicky's seat permanently next year. I wonder what the Road Race Factory team will plan to do for next year with his seat vacant? Spies? :D

17. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Hell yes on both accounts. Danny Walker and those boys were just starting to get that bike sorted, so I certainly hope they continue!

18. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Tom Sykes welcomes Loris Baz back to the WSBK championship :)

masshole likes this.
  19. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

Not sure on that but there's better than here riding that turd CBR

20. 418

418 Expert #59

Career over, unless full BMW support comes back with the new bike coming.