1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 F250 6.2l gasser

Discussion in 'General' started by Sundaydisco, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Sundaydisco

Sundaydisco Crooks Racing

Looking at replacing my 2015 F150 FX4 XLT 3.5 ecoboost with 3.55 rear gear max tow for a 2017 F250 FX4 STX 6.2L (gas) with 373 rear gear. Not really looking for the argument for buying the diesel because I can't justify the $9k upgrade for my needs. The F150 does ok on power output needs. It's more about the chassis feel with towing my 18' work and play. In any case anyone that have or has had the 6.2 250 just wondering if there are any regrets. Pro/cons.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  2. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

I also had an f150 and replaced it with a gas 2500 (ram2500 5.7l). You won’t regret it. I tow an 18 foot avenger toyhauler. I hated towing the toyhauler with my f150. Wish I would have gotten a 2500 in the first place.

Sundaydisco likes this.
  3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I have that exact truck. No regrets.

If I towed heavy shit, long distances, often, I would regret it. But I don't. So I don't!

I towed my 9000lb tractor about a month ago, and it did great.

Yes, I could tell it was back there.

Sundaydisco likes this.
  4. eggfooyoung

Mostly what I tow...

15072471443711.jpg

Razr, masshole and JBowen33 like this.
  5. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

That step is nice the fords have. Trying to put my 450 in the bed of mine is sketchy and even worse being tired after few motos... I would never adventure into putting a superbike back there unless I was taking a very long trip and had help both ways. That would be the only plus for the f150 over my 2500 was tailgate height.

6. Sundaydisco

It's not that I hate towing with the F150 but it was maxed out one part of the towing triangle (axle weight) everything else is fine. It's more about longevity of the truck and if I'm hurting it with amount of towing I'm doing. I don't like to buy a new vehicles all the time, I tend to keep them a minimum of ten years. The other side of the coin is i acquired my parents 2002 F250 7.3 4x4 that is a great truck but the wife doesn't like the idea of traveling the county side in a 17 year old truck.

7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I recently bought a 17 Ram 2500 gasser. I love it. I think the 3/4 ton gas trucks are a great compromise. I’m happy with mine.

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

I’d bulletproof the old one

9. Sundaydisco

To my understanding that's for the 6.0 diesels, the 7.3 are basically bulletproof from the get go.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Didn't we just do a long discussion on exactly this same subject? Was it Grady?

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That's ok, rather talk about trucks than cottage cheese.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How much cottage cheese will an F-250 diesel haul vs an F-250 gas?

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'm going to say the same....you won't hit the payload limit....cc is light:Poke:

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Looks like we need to calculate the weight of a cubic foot of cottage cheese.

16. eggfooyoung

Well, you'll need to determine curd size, and pasteurized or non???

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Don't forget fat %.

I say we go with the most popular: pasteurized, small curd, 2%.

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

When I toweds the toy haulers to barbers and backs, I got 6.5MPG in that 2015 250 I rented.

That moment I knew I’d never own a gas truck

19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Toweds haulers barbers backs...um Phil, put the bong down.

:D

Phl218 likes this.
  20. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

I have '14 F250 gasser with 3.73's. It does a great job...it's not a diesel, however it doesn't have the diesel liability. I've said before; I miss my 6.0 hot rod power...it was crazy fun, but oh my god expensive to maintain.

If you go gas, consider carefully 4.88 gears. It depends how often and how heavy you tow. I think you're making a smart move on a gasser.