1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 WERA BBS fantasy football league

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

That's really gonna throw a cold boner into the auto draft dudes too. Just sayin.

2. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Who doesn't like a boner?

BigBird likes this.
  3. Scotty87

You like boners Dude?

4. Chris

You soliciting?

5. Scotty87

Trying to get the D will not get you a better draft position. NTTAWWT

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I vote against, if the pre-draft rankings are based on 4 pts.
    If I I'm outvoted, then I declare it's time for a European time zone draft. That's only fair after all these years. I mean, NFL has games in London. :D

7. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

The issue last year was mostly the later rounds. I did two drafts back to back. One was a 10 team with 90 seconds that was done in a tidy single hr. Then our 12 team 150second draft picks took almost twice as long. I can't remember if Autopick took the full time or not. I also don't remember if someone closes a window but doesn't enable autopick if it will take the full time. Then, there was also at least one jackass that was taking the full time every pick because he knew a few of us were on a time crunch.

I'm with you on not understanding the 6pts for a passing TD. The standard 4 has been that way for so long, and QB's are already, on average across the positions for starters, the highest scoring players. It is extremely rare for a position player to score a touchdown in every game. The record for most TD's in a season is 31, in a ridiculous season by Tomlinson. He also holds the most consecutive games with a TD at 18. For comparison, Ryan Fitzpatrick threw for 31 passing TD's last season while the leading players in all-purpose touchdowns were at 14. The record is 55 by Peyton while Brees has the record for most consecutive games at 54 (streak ended by the Falcons btw). That's a pretty big discrepancy, and the reason passing TD's are 4pts standard vs 6 for position players.

8. Chris

Check out the big brain on Brad!
    [​IMG]

9. SLLaffoon

10. Chris

11. Scotty87

This is what's up.

Let's just put the 6pt for passing TDs thing to bed. It will alter way more than you guys think. Drafting will be all jacked up.

12. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Every league I have ever been in has used 6 points for QB TDs. Almost every ranking system shows an option for it, it's not rare.

BigBird likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did the new guy say something?

14. Scotty87

No doubt. Know your role, fresh fish. [emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

In a regular league, yeah 4 pts make sense, but in a PPR league where receptions are valued so much the QB is an afterthought. Having the QB worth 6 points makes them sort of more valuable.

But in terms of priority...rolling waivers is the #1 thing I would like to be changed

16. Scotty87

Hopefully we can meet your needs. :rolleyes:

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG]

Scotty87 likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG]

Scotty87 likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

Oh yeah waivers #1 priority..thanks :D

20. SLLaffoon

I thought the whole point of going PPR was to increase the number of potential valuable position players away from a couple elite top ones. The top scorer last season was still a QB. These were the point totals from our PPR scoring last season. I'm all for parity (kinda, except I'm with you on rolling waivers. I think we've both been championing that for a few seasons now), but I don't think the QB position needs more help.

[​IMG]

Attached Files: