1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 WERA BBS fantasy football league

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Jul 3, 2016.

1. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Scotty, any chance you have Venmo? Not a huge deal, but it would save a couple bucks in fees with how I have mine setup.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

The Sacko still has a hotmail account, i highly doubt he has a venmo account.
    Wait while he connects though

[​IMG]

Chris likes this.
  3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Lol I can't even talk shit. I have no idea what venmo is, and I didn't know Hotmail was for chumps.

BigBird and Chris like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

I ain't gonna lie...I know what Venmo is, but I don't have an account either. It seemed like a passing fad, but old people are starting to use it for payment, so maybe it might stick. And I think PayPal owns them.

5. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

WTF is Venmo?

6. SLLaffoon

What is that? A Loofah?

It's a payment app/service owned by paypal. Not great for conducting business, but good for exchanging money between friends and people you know.

7. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

So did we ever decide a draft date? The poll shows Sep 2.

8. Scotty87

That poll was silliness. You could vote for every date if you wanted. Currently I have it set for Sep1 at 830 CST.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Language there buddy...there's kids in the roon

10. Chris

How are we determining the draft order, or is it already set?

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think we settled on a random draft order.

12. Scotty87

It's randomized by Yahoo an hour before the draft.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Or Scotty sets it and blames Yahoo for his losing ways :D

14. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

Are we adjusting the draft pick time window down from 2 mins to 90 seconds or 1 min? Last year was brutal with the long draft time and waiting on us to make our picks.

Other things we chatted about, yet did not make any decisions on:
    1. Adjusting the passing TD points to 6, currently we have it at 4

2. Weekly randomized waiver order, currently it's set to weekly rolling based upon standings

15. SLLaffoon

Yea, it was pretty brutal last year. At least reduce it by 30s or so. 90 seconds seems to be a good number.

And yea, passing TD points to 6pts (which I voted against)

and weekly waivers, which have been proposed for a couple years now but never passed. The two options in the software are weekly reset based on standings or season long rolling (ie they start with inverse draft order and don't reset ever. Make a pick and move to the back of the line)

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Question, since I was never around for the draft: do you guys wait the whole two minutes for someone auto-drafting or does Yahoo expedite those?

17. Chris

Yahoo speeds it up if auto-draft is enabled.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

TD 6 pts

90 seconds is fine, but I like the 2 mins...using multiple monitors and a plethora of resources does take its time when under pressure.

Rolling waivers would be good. Weekly resets adds a lot of parity, but we do not need to have that. We are not looking for a TV audience.

19. Scotty87

True, but it does help keep people engaged and setting lineups. Granted, we've never had a problem with that.

I can't get my head around the 6 point thing. Why would we want to differ from one of the standard scoring models? How are we supposed to do pre draft valuations now?

20. Chris

TD 6 pts for sure.