1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maxx kicked out of the GNF?

Discussion in 'General' started by JamesG, Oct 16, 2004.

1. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

No it's not clear. What did Max do or not do to your shock. Could it have been a honest mistake on his part? Or do you really think he tried to screw you? Honestly, I don't think it was the latter, there's no rhyme or reason for him to do so. Oh, and I've burned up a few tires in my time also, and Mike did my shock. He recommened a change or two and the problem was solved. I don't hold grudges against him for a few tires though.

I didn't call you a dog piller, those are your words not mine. If you took that way, I'm sorry. But, this thread did take on a bad (sh@t slinging) tone quickly. Why? I think we all know that answer. Because it was Max. After Sean laid out the details it got worse. Seems everything Max ever did was brought out. Again why? Well, same answer, because it was Max. Easy guy to throw rocks at...on the BBS anyway. Maybe time for everyone to step back and take a deep breath. Burning bridges and holding grudges will make you all bitter old men someday. Peace out...homos. :D

Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

DaveK - sorry but you seem to be letting your friendships blur your view of reality on this one. Same for RoadracerX. The fact that you all keep bringing up his donation as proof that he's a good guy shows that the advertising value is there. His customers are racers, racers pay attention to who does or does not donate. I do agree about the weasel issue but Max has never done anyhting that I've ever known that wasn't self serving which elevates him a bit higher. Take off the rose colored glasses, step back and look at everything you've read here and heard about him.

Brad - please quit trying to insinuate you're some sort of deep personality that we simple folk just don't understand. It's okay to be up front and plainspoken. But it precludes you from being deep.

Duc748 - idtio is appropriate around here and the meaning is quite clear. The fact that you missed this just adds to my point about your lack of clue issues. Still looking for that point of yours that was right but I'll take your word for it. I also don't believe there was ever any discussion before you insulted Mongo for making a pretty simple decision about a proven cheater (one I'm sure had input from his boss before being made as well). Yep, re-read and he's made 2 posts here, neither one of which was in repsonse to anything you said, hence no discussion, just an insult with no basis.

So basically your ideas/opinions to date haven't proven to be worth anything. You have no experience in this arena and don't even have the personal bias that the others have to be disagreeing with the actions WERA has taken, so your opinion on the subject is useless even without the gratuitous insult to the people making the call. But go ahead and spout on about how smart you are and how well you know everything about roadracing, it'll be entertaining for a bit if nothing else.

I for one am back to lurking until the blatantly obvious is yet again ignored by the masses.

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

You're in the Mad Dog before you even shower?

Whoa! Don't you know that stuff'll stunt your...

Oh, well, never mind.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn, that didn't take long.

LMcCurdy - so you're saying that UGADawgs personal experience with incompetence on the part of a company/person is not worthwhile and should be ignored because said incompetence pissed him off? How in the hell does that make any sense? His expereince is valid and just because he posted it here doesn't make it any less so.

Are you people this obtuse in the real world as well? Or is it just here where you feel obligated to disagree with the majority even if they have overwhelming evidence?

5. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Bubba, I don't know who you are, but let me tell you something . . . Well reasoned, articulate arguments will not be tolerated! Furthermore, your fairly high degree of competence in regards to spelling, punctuation, and grammar is completely inappropriate!

Now shape up or ship out!

:D

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What do you know Sean? You got a D in articulating last semester. :D

7. LDH

LDH Well-Known Member

I don't care who you are dats funny right der!

Bubba, great posts! Probably the most sensible & irrefutable I have ever seen on this board.

8. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

RRW article is out.

Looks like JU handled it very fairly and balanced.

I feel it does leave open question with a smidge of implications about Peris' future with Valv / Emgo.

You may not agree or believe Max's substantiation that what he did wasn't that bad when reflected against the org's actions. But it seems like a valid substantiation (at least in his mind). Now granted their subdued handling of the situation wasn't because it wasn't that bad but rather an attempt to show some class on the public side.

The only think I feel the article fails to do is show a link as to why World Cup issues are causing WERA to stomp it's feet so hard. I mean we've been told here by Mongo why but the article kind of makes it appear WERA didn't have any interest in it (which they did because they were running the event) and instead are just being rather reactionary.

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

What Mongo has done is really not that bad. Max can still come to the track and work on bikes. He just has to do it more subtly basically. :D

Basically no advertising with WERA or vender fees. Max can do his work but not pay a vender's fee. He can just put a nice red or black line through Traxxion on the trailer. :p

10. WebCrush

WebCrush Banned

Did I read the article correct that not only were the forks that Max slipped under the tent illegally modified, but a SECOND set of forks and shock on Chris' bike (torn down post race crash) as well?

11. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

You gotta name besides Bubba.

You missed the point. Dawg has every right to be pissed, but there's no reason to pine about it forever. Time to move on. Who do you think has the most reason to dis-like Max. I know, and I've never heard him say one word about him. In here or in public.
    He's moved on. Why can't you?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  12. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Yep. I couldn't believe it either.

13. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

thats how i read it...

now how long till max comes up with a way to sneak into a race as a vendor? new name? new hair? :p :Puke:

14. WebCrush

WebCrush Banned

But if Max was removed from the track after getting caught sneaking in forks, how did the 'replacement' set of forks and shock get modified unless Chris, his dad, or his new mechanic did it?

15. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Max wasn't removed from the track, just banned from the World Cup pits.

16. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Anybody who has been on the board for at least 5 minutes would know he is far from some sort of deep personality. I like Brad but he is really no more deep or intelligent than any one of the other swinging dicks around here (myself included).

17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Damn. I'm glad we keep the bikes in the trailer!

18. Dip@Dongayers.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Read the story here!

I am absolutely shocked to hear that someone would cheat at a WERA event! Say it aint so!

I am not taking up for Max but he has done a bike for me and two for my brother and they were great. He doesn't always do the work himself ya know. He has people that work for him and THEY could have installed those valves upside down. Everyone makes mistakes.

There is an article in last months Roadracing World about a privateer racing a ZX6RR. He had his forks done by Lindeman but they didn't know there was a differnce in 03 and 04 6RR forks so the forks sucked! Shouldn't they know that stuff?

I just got a revalved(Race Tech) stocker shock from Engineered Racing Products for my 04 R1 and it's excellent. I highly recommend Ray Engelhardt. Custom made for me and half the price of off the shelf stuff!

19. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Except, like yourself, Bubba will not use his real name in his signature. I figured Bubba was LDH, and probably is. You've stalked Max on the internet for years. What does Max owe you? Can't you guys just let it go? You don't like him? We get it. You've made your choice. Move on already.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm far from anyone you'd consider a Max basher, but I do know him. Have for years and better than the vast majority of you here. I don't talk about things where I don't have personal experience, if I do so it will clearly be labeled as supposition. As for annonimity, sometimes it is necessary and it doesn't change the facts of the situation. I know it is in your nature to forgive people and that is a great quality, just don't ever forget is my only advice.