Garage Time Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Mar 31, 2020.

1. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

2 months. I cut my damn lawn 3 times already over here, and it needs it again. Last cut was 4 days ago.

2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

lol, funny. If I don't get it done this weekend I'm gonna need a baler......

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Damn that global warming turning the Great White Norf all green. :D

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've got spots that need it but I'm holding out a few more days. Neighbor's mowed twice already but he's on vacation and I think he's bored.

5. pickled egg

I’m tempted to go pull the mower out and give the cord a yank…

But the gravity on the couch is overpowering. :D

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Mother nature being a biatch today, and dumping on me everytime I go out to work on it. Managed to get that first patch burned it, but soaked again now. Heading out to the blacksmith shed where it's warm and dry.

7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I'm sure you can give the cord a yank sitting on the couch.

Sabre699 and pickled egg like this.
  8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I replaced the serpentine and supercharger belts as well as the idler pulleys on the Tacoma this morning.
    That was fun.

9. pickled egg

Jesus that one hung out there a long ass time before someone took a swing at it. :crackup:

brex likes this.
  10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Haven't cut a blade of grass since I moved. I did however spread 1050 bags of mulch. No that is not a typo. Still beats cutting grass.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  11. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

No tractor to move bulk mulch around your property? Bagged mulch is easier to move around. That's a lot of empty bags to dispose of.

cpettit likes this.
  12. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

30 more and it would have been in HD

13. Venom51

IMG_20240424_193428910.jpg
    I've got the little 1 series tractor with pallet forks. The plan was to do a tandem dump truck load and spread with the tractor, but I found pretty quick that the soil that was used to back fill the yard is fairly soft and after a couple runs over it the ruts start to get a bit much. I also haven't filled the tires or added spacers to the tractor, and it can get fairly sketchy in a couple spots around the place. A younger Kenny might be a little less averse to tipping a tractor over, but older Kenny isn't really in to that sort of thing. It was however very useful for getting the bags distributed. It will do about 15 bags at a time on the pallet forks so that's how it got moved. I did do a little reshaping of a few spots with the backhoe and loader to make myself a little more comfortable traversing over that spot with a load on the forks.

For everything in front of the house it was super useful and very efficient to get things on the ground.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  14. adrenalist

adrenalist Well-Known Member

AA3725C3-9513-4857-A266-6B8A88DF8572.jpeg
    The $3000 Porsche. Lots of work to do to her. Every hose, gasket, seal, tires, top, fuel lines, fuel pump, ims bearing, and should be gtg.

Sabre699 likes this.
  15. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Found use for 16.5 wheel, old r6 wheel and some rods :)

Attached Files:

16. Venom51

You'll have a blast with it.

adrenalist likes this.