1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Time Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Mar 31, 2020.

1. nowayout

nowayout Well-Known Member

Here you go. She was horribly abused
    https://bvspca.org/news-events-resources/ava

2. 418

418 Expert #59

XR4Ti with a 5.0? What a unit, somebody is winning at life.

freedomgli, gpz11 and RRP like this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

YamahaRick, Wingnut, AC1108 and 2 others like this.
  4. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I bought a used surface grinder for the shop. Its 3 phase so I had to replace the electrical enclosure to install the single phase to 3 phase VFD since I don't have 3 phase power. The wiring also had to run the oil pump and work light. Ended up being a little more involved than I initially anticipated. IMG_3554.JPG IMG_3562.JPG IMG_3565.JPG IMG_3580.JPG IMG_3581.JPG

cpettit, YamahaRick, gpz11 and 5 others like this.
  5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

pd chassis.jpg

Back from the powder coater Friday
    John Branch I need room buy my YL1!

KneeDragger_c69 and GRH like this.
  6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Getting crowded in here John Branch! It's time to buy super sexy YL1!
    2024 garage.jpg

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Boatorcycles!

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  8. AMac

AMac Well-Known Member

Those two came from Whitchita, KS. I haven’t picked up any B400’s from Atlanta, but I’ve collected project bikes from Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and a couple from Indiana. My buddies say I am curating the Midwest Bandit 400 museum!

The Yosh came out pretty good, it’s going on the next project B400, as this one was pretty original and unmolested, so I put a stock system on. One of my other B400’s already has a Yosh system on it and I’ve got on other set of Yosh headers but no pipe.

The red bike isn't quite finished but getting closer, just a few minor details to iron out.

Mufflers.jpg IMG_4323.jpg thumbnail_IMG_4300.jpg IMG_4304.jpg IMG_4306.jpg IMG_4303.jpg

HPPT and Banditracer like this.
  9. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

First project on the plasma table (and first time using my press brake) 20240306_184026.jpg , not perfect, but it'll do the job.

10. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

What plasma table do you have?

11. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Langmuir Crossfire, the small one.

GRH likes this.
  12. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

My brother has diesel vehicles and fuel oil heat in his house. He asked me to convert a used gas generator to diesel for common fuel plus it's got a longer shelf life. He was going to get this Generac but at $5k it's pretty steep https://www.amazon.com/Generac-6864-Starting-Portable-Generator/dp/B010T243GU plus it needs battery power to open the fuel to the injector, also wasn't in stock at the time. He found the same motor on Amazon for $400 but without the powered solenoid. I gutted the gas generator and got the diesel one to fit. The shafts were different sizes so I machined an adapter shaft. Had to cut 1.80" off the diesel engine engine shaft. The bolt pattern on the generator must be a universal design so it bolted to the new engine without mods. The diesel engine is a lot taller so I cut the frame and welded extensions to raise it 8" so the compression release can be reached easily. I reused the motor mounts but had to redrill due to the motor footprints being different. The generator got a second stack of rubber mounts so the assembly would sit level. My brother wanted to use the original gas tank since it was bigger than the one that came on the diesel engine so I tossed it and drilled/tapped the plastic tank 1/8" npt for a fuel return. The wiring had to be extended 15" since the frame was also extended so I heat shrink butt spliced (5) 12 awg wires to extend. The throttle came with a small knob that had sharp edges so I made a replacement handle out of alum with a vinyl cap. She's a beast to pull over and it's loud but it works as expected and came out fairly decent. I loaded tested it with (2) 1500 watt heat guns and set the voltage (rpm) to 120/240vac

. IMG_3638.JPG IMG_3639.JPG IMG_3663.JPG IMG_3664.JPG IMG_3686.JPG IMG_3687.JPG IMG_3688.JPG IMG_3689.JPG

Mike Fennell and tiggen like this.
  13. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Cool project

I actually transplanted that same powerhead off a bad motor unit to a bad power good motor unit years back for deer camp.

14. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

Those diesels are loud but good. I engine swapped my Bolens tube frame garden tractor with one about 10 years ago and it is still going strong. The pull start mechanism on them is weak however, and will fail. They are a clone of a Yanmar (L70 I believe), and the Yanmar pull start mechanism is a direct fit. I recommend either going ahead and swapping it, or having one on a shelf as a spare for when it does fail. I messed with mine way tool long before I just replaced it and haven't had a problem since.

GRH likes this.
  15. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Pretty cool to walk iny
    to my shop and see both of these. The orange is mine. The Olympic gold is here for me to finish up a few things that I didn't get done before winter as we were waiting for some parts. I love these 69 Camaros.
    Original numbers matching RS/SS 350 4spd. 20240427_102218.jpg

Boman Forklift, prm and Dan Dubeau like this.
  16. prm

prm Well-Known Member

My High School best friend had a ‘69 RS/SS with a 302 Z28 motor. Nice car!