1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Wow - had to get to the end to see they're offering $51 bonus to return the tickets. Not worth it. Wait until after the lineup is announced and get the same deal. If its someone you want to see, your cheap $299 ticket is better. If its not someone you want to see you'll get more than $51 over on reseller sites.

BigBird likes this.
  2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

3. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I give COTA credit for just doing this in an up front way. If no tickets are turned back, it still is a clear indicator that when they offered "cheap" tickets initially, they would even pay more money for them. Bet they sell more of them next year as a result. Or they get some back and make a profit on them. Seems like a win for them either way.

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

So it's Beyonce.

"The choice of entertainer may be polarizing to fans"

6. rwdfun

rwdfun

Actually, I’m betting the Harley riders were glad there was no buy back. That way they could pitch a fit while secretly enjoying the type of music Harley riders really like.

Well she does have a country song out now so something for everyone. For F1 she shouldn’t be polarizing. It’s not like she’s Cardi B. Beyonce is pretty mainstream with some middle of the road pop songs. Not like I’m telling you anything you don’t already know Mr Entertainment expert.

As for the F1 racing. Ho hum Max wins easily again. Lewis enjoys 2nd but starts damn near from the back in the race. Wondering if his heart will be in it. Alonso being Alonso. I actually wish he had gone to Red Bull next to Max. That would be epic to see his douchbaggery used on Max. BTW. If you only watch the F1 YouTube channel race highlights, F1 races are pretty interesting.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Good racing further back but no contest for first. Max really is the F1 metronome.

DrA5 likes this.
  8. DrA5

Red Bull pit stops this race.

With double-stacking.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  9. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

....and still pulled that gap with two full-course cautions.

A small handful of interesting moments further back in the grid, but I'd by lying if I didn't catch myself dozing off more than a few times for this race.

My heart just isn't in this bowl of undercooked broccoli when I have a MotoGP top-sirloin in front of me as well.

CBRRRRR999, rd400racer and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  10. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

CBRRRRR999 and YamahaRick like this.
  11. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Yeah it was pretty boring .... I just can't wrap my head around Max being 2-3 seconds PER LAP faster than the field. I'm sure its happened before, but I don't remember it happening every race of the season where one car is this much faster than everyone else.

Even when Hammy and Schumi dominated I don't remember the gap consistently being this big.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They had stronger teammates. Especially Hamilton.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Earlier today I bumped into a bloke I know who I haven't seen in a while and he told me his son is heading over to the UK in June as an intern at Red Bull for eighteen months. He'll be doing something on the engine side, the internship is through Honda.

CBRRRRR999, 418 and thrak410 like this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's pretty cool.

15. Robin172

Yes it is, especially growing up in a little town in Eastern Kentucky, although his parents are pretty driven themselves.

16. rwdfun

rwdfun

Honda + engine + Red Bull doesn't add up to development side. I know Honda will be in the Red Bull through 2025, so maybe parts/cost tracking or wrench turning?

17. Robin172

He's a Junior at Stanford doing mechanical engineering, I don't know what he'll actually be doing but he won't be leaving the UK base. Apparently he spent last summer working for a GT car team travelling around the US.

18. DrA5

1988 McLarens had Prost and Senna lapping the field. Sometimes up to the podium places and the backmarkers would be lapped 3, 4 times.

CBRRRRR999 and mike w like this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, but both cars won races regulatory.

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yeah, this is when I got into F1. They were so dominant.

DrA5 and CBRRRRR999 like this.