1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Round 9 | NJ Motorsports Park | 22-24 Sept

Discussion in 'General' started by gt#179, Sep 18, 2023.

1. r8ed600rr

r8ed600rr Well-Known Member

See my comment below. The rule is in place for safety. I have been streaming on the app while in the air flying with no issues.

MotoJames likes this.
  2. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Yeah, I get it.

I don't care for the way the rule affects the other guys in the race. Would have sucked if Gagne threw it away thinking his huge lead was much less than it was.

3. r8ed600rr

It is your responsibility to know where the corner worker stations are. What different would you say them or any race organization do? Put the corner worker station next to the track?

4. r8ed600rr

That part does sucks. Still better to have a rule like that to keep riders from making a pass under yellow that could cause a bigger mess.

5. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

No.

TLR67 likes this.
  6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Yep,and your wrong.No one is looking over their shoulder making a pass in the rain.The same way Kayla wasnt looking 4 acres off to the right passing several riders pinned out going into 10a at Road Atlanta.You must be a track day coach? Theres no way any professional racers are trying to put corner workers in harms way.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  7. r8ed600rr

You are wrong. And your comment is asinine. I raced in MA,WERA,CCS ect and agree with that rule. It is still your responsibility. If you miss it bc of a situation like Road Atlanta just bad luck. Comes down to safety and trying to reduce the risk of a rider or corner worker in an impact zone from getting hurt or killed. If you fall down and hit someone in the impact zone, are you just going to say to the family of the person you hit “sorry I did not see the yellow flag”. I am not saying that any racer would try and harm anyone. If there is not rule put in place then everyone would pass under yellow.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2023
    E Reed likes this.
  8. YamRZ350

I haven't paid much attention, but am surprised that KTM is a competitive as it is. Seems like not just in the wet.

9. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

You pretty much made my point several times.No one has Deon Warwick psychic powers,as you for some dumbass reason think racers should in the heat of battle.The rule is redundant,if you can't relay it to the racers.Should I draw you a picture? You think YOU know more than the front runners that didnt see the flags?! Maybe you should be in the next riders meeting and tell them how godamn stupid they are for not magically seeing flags out in bumbfuck egypt..Your turn...Cause you know more

10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The jr cup bike? If so that's not a normal rc390

11. YamRZ350

Is it given some different rules in jr cup?

Again, I haven’t been paying much attention.

12. r8ed600rr

I have never once said that they are stupid for not seeing the flags. I was making a point that it’s not a stupid rule like you say it is for passing under yellow. The rules in place for safety no matter if you saw the flag or not. You can’t just be like OK we’re not gonna penalize you because you did not see the flag. That’s not how the world works. You will never get the point, so there’s no reason to continue trying to argue with the wall.

13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Sorry but I'm confused by your posts so clarify a few points for me.
    1) Are you saying that both the racetrack and MA are allowing the corner worker stations to be in places that aren't effective after possibly being in the same place for years?
    2) Are you then suggesting that MA move the corner worker stations closer to the track so it's easier for the riders to see, but not in a dangerous place?
    3) Or are you saying that these professional racers, with most of them having raced at this track many times don't know where the corner worker stations are?
    Thanks

14. I am thinking in the case of RM it’s a lot more rider.

15. 418

418 Expert #59

All day guys have been saying it's diificult to see out of their own visor much less down the track. It's a simple mistake and the penalty doesn't fit the crime.

PJ got fucked.

16. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

because someone did a Herrin pass on him :cool:

17. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

I'd love to see a pic of Herrin's leathers. Scholtz tire pushed his leg right out of the way. He has every right to be pissed IMHO.

Still blown away that the SS race was won by a 17yo and the fastest two laps were done by a 16yo. And Mazz is 22? Cool.

BigBird, KneeDragger_c69 and motion like this.
  18. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

How big are Elena's muscles? :)

19. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

I know you're just joking but my climbing friends tell me that girls are the match for boys until puberty, then it becomes impossible (at the highest levels) to match the boy's power-to-weight. I wonder if that's an issue in MC racing.

Tried to get my 14yo daughter (who has won national Irish Dance competitions, a niche among niches) enthusiastic about Kayla - again - but her indifference to motorcycles and motorcycle racing is not pierced.

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

It doesn't appear to be!