1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Round 9 | NJ Motorsports Park | 22-24 Sept

Discussion in 'General' started by gt#179, Sep 18, 2023.

1. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

:D The Beeb never forgets or disappoints.

BigBird and 27 like this.
  2. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Any update on Jackson Blackmon yet? I got home last night and opened the app to watch the races, watched twins cup first and just couldn't watch anything else after seeing that, it was awful to watch and don't care to see it again. That poor kid, I had flashbacks of Scott Russell at Daytona. Hoping for the best.

3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

He's on his way back home. Has ligament damage to his knee I believe.

SundaySocial, PMooney Jr. and 27 like this.
  4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I didn’t see action Jackson’s crash and hope for the best, the guys in here describing it are horrible, the biggest fears of a father of a racer.

That being said I was a couple rows behind Mizdal when he slammed into Scott who was pushing his bike off grid. Not something I ever forgot and it changed the way I dealt with grid issues for me and my riders forever.

Hope everyone heals up physically and emotionally.

5. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

Nice meeting. Love what you're doing with Vet2Track.
    Patrick was a pleasure to chat with.

6. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Hey, nice meeting you too! Sorry I was napping / resting and it was great to give Patrick some first hand experience at the track. He was the newest free member, but my other 2 veteran crew members have been through a few races with me. One is a certified helicopter mechanic and all have been great. I really encourage any veterans or teams to reach out to Vet2Track.org to see how you can be involved!

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Im not sure what they have now, but when Tyler raced AMA, they had red/yellow lights throughout the course and I believe at the apex’s.

After that bad accident at Road America in 2013, where riders from the back, plowed into riders up front on the long straight. There was some discussion of coming up with a way to mount a box/transponder like device on the bikes that could signal a yellow or red light in the cockpit.

ToofPic likes this.
  8. Monsterdood

Yeah they have lights along the track in addition to the flag stations. I wonder if I missed the flags / lights coming through the final esses and onto the front straight because I was focused on not hitting big puddles and such. Either way, saw the waving yellows and red flag way too late for my comfort level with a rider laying on the track.

SundaySocial, Gino230 and ToofPic like this.
  9. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Vet2track has been awesome. We have had a handful in the paddock helping Carl. They have been really good people. Had a nice conversation with Jim about his plans to expand and possibly using them even at the wera level.

10. Monsterdood

Yeah, I don’t really go for sponsorship, I just use racing as a platform to give visibility to some charities. Vet2Track has been awesome and we’ve really developed a great crew with their help.

IMG_9935.jpeg

11. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Was anyone else surprised that they left the Westby bike lay in the grass for the entire race after his crash? I don’t recall seeing that before.

ToofPic, CRA_Fizzer and IL8APEX like this.
  12. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I thought that was odd as well. Wouldn't it be considered to be in an impact zone? Did I see a hay bail in front of it? Seems to me the effort it took to bring a hay bail could have been used to move the bike out of the impact zone.

MrGooch, ToofPic and BigBird like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The MA rules are different than ours in that they include no passing under stationary - which I do not agree with. I also don't think that just having a downed bike and even workers out in the runoff is a viable reason for a waving. It should always be as our rules state an indication that the riders on track may need to change their line - in other words something is on track heads up.

If the workers need more than a stationary to go grab a bike then they shouldn't go grab the bike.

In this weekends instance I'd also be very curious about the specifics of the pass given the speed difference between the riders at the time. The MA rules do not allow for judgement on the officials part which is a problem when you force things like Rocco at the Ridge.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, it's happened enough I'm surprised the top teams don't have some sort of signal to the rider. Like for Jake to know whats up use red number for the plus over PJ and then normal color for the plus over the next rider. That way he knows someone is behind him close but knows they don't count right now.

As for the rider with the penalty - just get more of the boards set up with sayings on them, fluoro yellow "DROP 2" And maybe even "POS" on the next line would do it.

Boman Forklift and Rising like this.