1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOTOAMERICA SUPERBIKES AT AT MONTEREY - July 7-9

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Jul 4, 2023.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

What was your impression of the track surface and the track management?

2. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I go through there on my way to Pacifica ocassionally.I've been Very!! disappointed! I expected to see some Caligula shit,and not so much as even a pride float! No men in leather vests,ball gargling! Nothing!! TV has lied to me!

3. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

While not a Bay Area person, So Cal here. I resemble this remark

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I'm going to just give you a warning this time.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Put a moat out there will crocadillians and shit. Lots of shit. :P

pickled egg and hayes131 like this.
  6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I fucking love you. Hero for life!

7. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

I thought the deal with not being on the green past the white line was a bit confusing so to avoid any issues I told my rider not to ride on the green at all. It seemed to work ok like that.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Watching the baggers from laguna. Shit camera work but watching those pigs run around there is awesome.

Daniel06 and Canadian Bacon like this.
  9. It’s quite mind boggling how fast they are going on a 600lb bike that’s not exactly designed for optimal COG and riding position to turn the the thjng on a race track.

10. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

Almost 600 lap times at most tracks. Crazy.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Makes no sense that I enjoy watching those things as much as I do.
    Races are short, the bikes shouldn’t turn the laps they do and how in the holy hula dance do the engines hold together?
    It’s stupid fun to watch.

TurboBlew and MELK-MAN like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Makes total sense!
    Some of us told you people who were bitching about the class the first year that it could only be a good thing for the sport, even with the growing pains. Worst-case scenario, it wouldn't add any value. So go get some food or something. :Poke:
    Y'all are starting to get it now that you stopped fighting it. :D

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don’t remember saying I was against the class but who knows.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It was a 50-50 shot. I don't have any specific recollection of you being one of them. But you don't remember either, the odds that I'm right just rose to 75%. :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, I thought and still think it’s like an act at the circus. Some go to see the high wire act, some go to see the clowns. Some go to watch the elephants fuck.

16. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

Watch the Rd ATL races. O'Hara I think on the Indian back that thing in to 10a so hard and still saved it. My only guess is the weight kept the back sliding instead of re-gripping like the lighter bikes. Granted he's a top level flat tracker, so could've just been skills with a touch of luck.

Now that there's a few front runners, it's much better racing. 1st season kinda sucked bc they were so spread out. I have trouble watching the women build class. I like the concept of the ladies building and racing, but it's not very tight racing. Good for the sport though.

17. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Still don't get the baggers. With their ridiculously oversized fairings and comedically tiny saddlebags they are anethma to everything appealing about race bikes, but they have factory investment and fan interest so good for them. Though in the catagory of inappropriate race bikes, the so called hooligan class is way more intersting to me.

As for the track limits thing, asphalt has been added in places to lots of tracks specifically to prevent a small mistake, like running off the track, from having a big consequence, like a crash. Those strips of asphalt should still be regarded as out of bounds and (just like the dirt they replaced) are not part of the racing surface. Everyone who has been involved in the sport for more than five minutes knows that. Everyone.
    So a long time team owner or racer complaining of a penalty because they didn't know the green part is out of bounds is hard to believe. In fact it ranks up there with saying they didn't know their crankshaft was polished or the cams were illegal or that someone put nitromethane in the tank. It's bullshit. They broke the rules, they got caught, they paid the price.
    Would they have preferred a crash to a time penalty?

18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I want to meet Kyle Wyman's trainer- I weigh 200 and can leg press 500lbs and I struggle to pick up my little twins bike- Kyle is probably half my size and he picked up that 600+ lb bagger like it was nothing!

Monsterdood likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Adrenaline is a wonderful drug :D

ToofPic likes this.
  20. WillMill

WillMill CRA MN #633

I like watching the baggers in hopes of an epic yard sale of bags and fairings flying through the air. When I watch the baggers in person, I choose the corner most likely to provide such action.