1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bicycle guys Gdawg bike shop question

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jun 12, 2023.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

IRS or working the shipping ?

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Well, her name & company are on the returns :)
    And she's the one that told me about it

4. fastfreddie

TMI! :D
    It's like you really have to have someone else assist in a business plan if you don't have an MBA.

G Dawg likes this.
  5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I hate when I miss an opportunity :)
    If you've not watched the series , it's worth it .

6. fastfreddie

I've missed that opportunity. :D

7. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Late to the party. In my shop I bulk order my common sized tubes in 50 packs from either Giant which is my main bicycle company I carry, or QBP when necessary. QBP is like Parts Unlimited basically, but for bicycles. I'm sure that's been mentioned already. Bulk boxes are nice, cuts down on individual packaging. My less common sizes are individual as I'll only keep a dozen or so of those usually. Anyway, hopefully one of these supply stores will set you up with an account. Perhaps they've already been mentioned but some of the bigger ones are QBP, HLC, BTI, JBI. If I make it back to Montana soon, I'll help you set up the shop. I'm not working on those fucking E-bikes though :crackup:

TurboBlew, RichB and G Dawg like this.
  8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yup I buy bulk tubes from JBI .

9. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I've had an unusual amount of bad luck with their tubes so stopped ordering them. Bummer too as I'm in central Florida and they're out of Miami. Also, the JBI rep here is the best ever so double bummer. Still use them for some things though.

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I posted a couple of pages back about getting some defective tubes .
    Nothing unusual .
    Mostly their Utili-T brand. Not sure who makes them .
    I know Kenda make most of their others .
    You're lucky , my outside rep is non existent .
    I usually have to wait 2 months before he shows up to collect warranty items.

11. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

To put it kindly: Fuck Off. I've been hit twice. Once by someone who turned in front of me breaking my leg in five places. And the second time by an asshole hit and run driver who hit me from behind and fled. And I know where and how to ride.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
    G Dawg likes this.
  12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Holy shit...the second time?

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I've had a couple of close calls and I ride @ 4 am . At least at that hour, I can hear if a car is nearby.

14. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Yes riding the right direction down a three lane one way street. He sideswiped me and knocked me down , then kept going while a lady behind me screeched to a stop to keep from running me over. The ironic part was that I watched him pass a cop who was parked about 300 yards up the street. Of course the cop had no idea what happened because he was facing the other way. That one really made me mad, but I was fortunate to only get a big goose egg on my hip.

15. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

You've seen these people drive, right?

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I think that would be an awesome carving for a gravestone.

Riding a slow moving kid's toy in the midst of 5000 pound metal boxes with vapid, inattentive morons at the controls (while wearing spandex armor) sounds like a really bad idea. A basic, all-American, gawd-given, inalienable right...... But a bad idea all the same. I'd bet it could be the undoing of even world-class riders. :(

Phl218 likes this.
  17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Sorry you got hit...twice.

I used to ride and was almost hit a few times. Which is why I stopped. And people who hit you and drive off suck.

What I said was mostly in jest, except for the pompous a holes who insist on riding at 18mph 4 fuckin wide on a road where the rest of us are going 45-55+mph. They deserve what they deserve what they get.

I'm going to leave it at that before I express an opinion that would make Venom seem like a vegan, liberal, peddler.

Ride safe...but the best way is not riding with big metal death machines near you.

RichB likes this.
  18. fastfreddie

Carry. Open. With a mean-ass carbine across your back.

Razr likes this.
  19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I no longer own a road bike. Nothing about it is enjoyable to me anymore. I ride the paved bike paths and gravel paths on the "gravel" bike, or hit the dirt trails.
    Fuck riding on the road.

Phl218 and G Dawg like this.
  20. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

We’ve all done some crazy shit. I’ve sworn off road riding.