1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bicycle guys Gdawg bike shop question

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jun 12, 2023.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Took you long enough :)
    What Would Lever Do

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

That's cuz I even went to the free dictionary to check the acronyms. <shrug>
    Does Lever know something about wood? Does he think Elmer's could fix a collapsed deck? I, er, a friend has a collapsed deck and was wondering. :D

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Galvanized lag bolts.

I assembled my deck with lag bolts and my deck stayed up for 20+ years.

Porch Priapism, bitchez. :cool:

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Once a Wanker.., Jed and G Dawg like this.
  5. fastfreddie

Your deck is shaped like a dick? o_O

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Just some of the posts.

And Balusters.

And hedges.

And statuary.

And seat bottoms.

NTTAWWT

:D

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Don't judge, Tito... :crackup:

[​IMG]

5axis, Jed, Once a Wanker.. and 2 others like this.
  8. fastfreddie

Tryin' not to... :D

9. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Yes, it's called tubeless tire sealant, and is added to any tires run without tubes, presuming that one has tubeless-ready rims and tires.

Razr and Jed like this.
  10. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Specifically https://products.wera.de/en/tools_for_bicycles_and_e-bikes_bicycle_set_3.html

I absolutely love my little set of sockets and bits. My go to for most minor car / bike / most everything not requiring the BFH option.

Mine is slightly different with a green handle ratchet, wobble extension, and quick change bit holder for the ratchet. I bought the driver handle in addition. The only set of tools I keep in the organizer it came with. The sockets lock onto their holders with a 1/8th turn. My Precious...
    [​IMG]

5axis, Razr and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

And a high volume fairly low pressure pump / air reservoir to boot. Mounting the tubeless tires can be a challenge with a hand pump. Replacement tubeless stems too. A quick 20 bucks is a quick 20 bucks. And it sounds like there's enough folks who need minor service... I'm willing to move to MT to start the service department. :D

Once a Wanker.. and TurboBlew like this.
  13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Suppliers have various shipping fees. With HLC , they give you a percentage off .
    In order to get the cost down, especially with heavy items like tubes , you have to offset it with high dollar small items .
    Currently I have 20 tubes , 3 baby seats ,6 rear racks which all are high freight costs .
    Small parts : grips, brake fluid and chain lube .
    Total : just under $700 -- Shipping is $114.56 minus $54.15 discount = $54.15 shipping
    If you have all day, you can play around with your cart to lower cost .
    Computers , and such will help .

motion likes this.
  15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

And not sure what helmets you are looking at but don't buy EVO, they're crap .
    I used to sell Limar , but it's a PIA to get them. So I'm selling Kali , which you can get from Quality Bike Parts .

motion likes this.
  16. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

You can get them on Amazon

motion likes this.
  17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Haven't decided what my angle is... low cost emergency items or higher end products. Hard to justify the higher end stuff if I'm not full service.

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

So can anyone else . I base my prices off Amazon and still make a good profit .

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

It used to bother me paying for shipping . Always worked the system until I sat down with my accountant . It's all deductible : Inventory Expense

20. fastfreddie

I bet that's a real rabbit hole.