1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facial scan @ ID scan @ restaurant

Discussion in 'General' started by This old Rz, May 9, 2023.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Why do you go to a bar inside a hotel???

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

perhaps the facial cams are part of a new Esports recruiting program! Hey you went to a sports bar... would you like to be an E olympian? To make it official you should have checked in on Facebook.

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yeah paypal was like that for some stuff from NZ

upload_2023-5-9_21-32-39.jpeg

GTFO

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Leave them your underwear, then they will have your blood, urine, stool, and semen sample :D

TurboBlew and Phl218 like this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

anyways, at a bar in india, they were running facial rec, thermal and AI for age and gender:

upload_2023-5-9_22-11-22.jpeg

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

"you can take a picture of my taint, cause I taint never coming back here again"

7. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

La quinta California is a city near palm springs, palm desert, etc. Not sure if serious.

8. auminer

Is it next to Denny's?

There's not much I ever take serious. We're not getting out of here alive.

9. Yeah, they can fuck right off with that bullshit.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I did that at a wedding reception once. Leaving disposable cameras on the tables
    isn't a good idea. They thought they had people like me out-smarted by numbering
    the cameras to match the tables. I just borrowed one from another table when
    everyone was at the buffet line in the other room. I don't dance so I have to
    entertain myself somehow.

Phl218 and ToofPic like this.
  11. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Yes, I am a pirate, two hundred years too late
    The cannons don't thunder, there's nothin' to plunder
    I'm an over-forty victim of fate
    Arriving too late, arriving too late

ducnut, Shenanigans, Phl218 and 5 others like this.
  12. auminer

Had enough money to buy Miami
    But I pissed it away so fast
    It's never meant to last.
    It's never meant to last...

E Reed likes this.
  13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I signed up for Global Entry since I go through Customs once a week or so. The first time I used it a few months ago, I just walked up to the kiosk and after a few seconds fumbling around looking for where to insert my ID or passport, it tells me to proceed. Then the officer waves me thorough. It uses facial recognition. Creepy but efficient.

All of the Cop cars and City vehicles around here have license plate scanners on them. So they are just going around collecting, collecting, collecting. If they wanted to, they know your movements, patterns, timelines, etc.

Cameras and microphones are everywhere. Privacy is ancient history.

Oh well, at least I don't have to wait long in the customs line anymore. More time to wait in the coffee line when the crummy employees turn off mobile ordering.

ducnut likes this.
  14. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Sig's new Academy and Pro Shop know's exactly who you are before you get to the door.

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Yep, Global entry was a breeze, and a good reminder of what is possible. The thing is, they (corporate or gov) really don't have time or resources to sit around and track everyone. If they are already interested in you for some reason, they could track you to some degree I suppose. Oh my, someone could find out I work at home, go to church on Thursday, and Sunday, grocery shop once or twice a week and eat out a couple times a week. Yawn. The police probably already know I go to choir practice Thursday evenings, as they occasionally use our church parking lot to sit and write reports during the week. I give them a wave when I pull in if they look up from their tablet.

Gino230 likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

17. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Welcome to China 2023, and America 2027

Phl218 and Dan Dubeau like this.
  18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Most of you should know that there are many companies
    that collect and sell information. Those companies probably
    have a file on you with all the information needed to identify
    you with facial recognition.
    Every time your picture is posted on a social website, it is logged
    by these companies so they may have many pics of you, your
    friends, your family, etc.
    The police no longer have to get warrants to track people by
    their phone location, they just pay one of those companies to
    provide them with that information.
    And that doesn't take into consideration all of the government-owned
    cameras that are appearing. They can't build massive data centers fast
    enough to save all the data created by surveillance systems.

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

bring back face masks !!!

renegade17 likes this.
  20. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Lots of general talk about lack of privacy and lots of data gathering here. All true, I get it... But...

This is a restaurant not a hospital. If this is something to do with selling alcohol to minors or some such, then at the very least, such information gathering should be restricted to those purchasing alcohol. And even then, it's overreach and retaining that information is definitely overreach. Somehow, this happens everywhere else every day without doing this.

But, since this is a business transaction, I would get my phone out and require the photo and ID picture of everybody who touches my food, as well as the management of the restaurant. You know, in case I get sick from the food or there is some issue with how my credit card was handled. Perfectly reasonable request. You have as much reason as they do for that sort of information, so it's only fair.

Fortunately, it is a competitive industry. This problem would take care of itself if most people hadn't been domesticated info believing that "there must be some important reason" this information is being asked for and just giving it without question.