1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

They got a feel all to their own but if I was pressed, I say they're "similar" to a 2011 (theyre basically modeled after a Browning Hi Power)...if they work for you, they shoot so good you forgive the less material of the slide. Id serious consider getting a DA/SA one because you can always run it SA all the time but the DA is additional "safety", especially considering how light and immediate their SA trigger action is (I, along with almost everybody else who has shot the Shadow has either accidentally bump fired it, or had one go when they didnt intend to because of how immediate the trigger is....and the DA trigger is just as phenomenal, just with an extra couple of pounds of pull)...which is a real consideration if you dont want to use the safety (especially in SA).

I got an email about this a couple of days ago and it's a hell of a deal for shadow 2 (DA/SA) if you like the color. Cajun gun works specializes in CZ's and they offer milling of the slide for optics (160.00 for the cut with no back up irons, 415.00 with back up irons) which still puts you less than the MSRP....

https://www.sportsmanfulfillment.co...dium=campaign&utm_source=CC&utm_term=product8

https://cajungunworks.com/milling-optics/optic-milling/

My brother recent pulled a you and bought both....the spectre comp shoots really nice but I hate the fact you have to run specific ammo through it (124's). The Shadow will eat almost anything....

0DA6C006-B8CC-486D-8866-5A7163CA9406.jpeg

You can see the difference in how much slide you have to work with with "regular guns" vs what's available with CZs. . .

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
    Gorilla George likes this.
  2. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

Love that two tone color on the cz but those grips look like you got to have some big mits for it. Yeah cz and cgw are the way to go.

3. motorkas

I was skeptical when he first showed me a pic of it in two tone but seeing it in person, it's gorgeous (it's a Shadow, not a Shadow 2 though, but interestingly enough, they definitely massaged the trigger with that version of the Shadow vs my Shadow because mine has take up to the wall, where his has none) - that gun made me almost buy the Shadow 2 I linked even though the gray is darker and flatter (and I may still end up losing that fight).

I wear 9's in Held gloves (not big by any stretch) and my brother wears 11's - my wood grips on my 75 and Shadow are just as thick if not thicker and I have no problems with them - really like the feel of it.

4. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

my only cz is a sp-01 tactical. Those fit me fantastic!!! Im unsure of the other shadows and such but i remember messing with them at some stores over the years and the more "competition" ones have a really big ass grip.

5. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Some of the new shadow 2s that have come through have good rear serrations on the slide. Makes a good bit of difference. There is very little meat back there.

6. Those are some very valid points. I believe even the DA pull on the Competition version of the CZ Shadow is only something like 6lbs.

And correct me if I am wrong, but I just thought of something, when using it in Competitions, don't they require the first shot to be in DA? I think I remember seeing that in one of the Honest Outlaw videos.

Because if I decided to go this route, that is what it will be for...it will be for me to start doing competitions.

7. motorkas

Grip changes are easy...if the Sp01 fits, I wouldnt even hesitate if you want a shadow/shadow 2:beer:.

8. motorkas

Shit man, for competitions, for you....Rival S all day every day....

Look at what you do with the REGULAR Rival....and the S is just geared to go faster, flatter....optics cut, you know the ergos work for you, you already got a shit load of mags, holsters, same trigger pull from start to finish, no safety AND....that fucking little gun tool....:D

9. Shit. Also valid points.

Especially the little gun tool. I love that fucking thing. :crackup:

10. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

We'll see if I get my own little gun tool this weekend. There's a local gun show where I'll get to put my hands on pretty much all of the small 9mm pistols that I've been checking out. There's a 90% chance I'll finally pick up a micro like the Mete MC9.

11. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

nah too many others in front :)

12. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

Figure out what association you want to compete with then check what division you like. I like USPSA Limited division, so I plan on getting a CZ TS2. If you plan on running optics you would need to be in open or carry optics division (for USPSA).

I finally did my first match last weekend, there were more dudes with CZ’s than anything else without a doubt.

13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

14. G2G

G2G I feel the need

343287903_230106619703865_959590185468773299_n.jpg 343544513_3448607178721093_8028569002574874633_n.jpg Anyone interested? 343285263_146253278237469_7720258539298023278_n.jpg 343427676_1431414974273765_7994056913241985132_n.jpg 342902058_921495079056089_1596432084001150315_n.jpg

RonR and StaccatoFan like this.
  15. Like I said, the MC9 is a great little gun. It has gotten nothing but outstanding reviews from gun people I trust on youtube.

The only one that has gotten better reviews, is the P365 X-Macro. But I believe the MC9 is a good bit cheaper.

If I didnt have the XM, I would carry the MC9, without hesitation.

16. Thanks guys, thats some great info.

17. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

btw does anyone know why idpa hasnt been up and running or atleast for the atl area?

18. Might be, if you post some bigger pictures.

19. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

You still somewhere around TN? Can't remember exactly where you live/lived but I have the TS Orange that he linked and you're welcome to try it before going to buy your own if we're able to coordinate something. It's a pretty sweet shooter.

20. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

You run out of ammo trying to get to the range is my guess. Do you need indoor or outdoor range? I'd like to find a CCW class or pistol class. IT's been awhile since I've done one and need to get some training in before I carry again.

Last Wednesday, that murder at west side park is where I walk the dog and baby every day... but I'm not there at 930pm. It's pretty nice during the day