1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 months into my 8 month wandering adventure

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Mar 31, 2023.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Kuwait City

kuwait.jpg

cpettit, Phl218 and Yzasserina like this.
  2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

yeah, amitriptyline… tried it for headaches, from concussions decades ago… side effects weren’t worth it… the LSD comment was the chemical pathway iirc, didn’t mean it was trippy or psychedelic

watch his videos about it… it hits close to home and is heart wrenching… starts off like “take my name off the Stanley cup all three times… just give my brain back and tell the truth about concussion risks in contact sports” paraphrasing…

but… I’m telling you… light in the tunnel after seeing stars. If you’re noticing slower heal times and worse symptoms now is the time.

Also look at 6D helmets, especially the MTB and low speed impact sports. I’ve been through their entire facility from the lab to production. They care and are making a difference. That comes from a 20 year sponsored Arai athlete. I loved their support but 6D sets the new standards.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I wish I could get my G spot tickled by the mere of feet on the internet like some, but sadly, I'm not that lucky.

4. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Lucky or cursed?

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He seems very happy with his proclivity.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

there’s a website “mightymicro” of which i heard does support nationwide seekers of a certain type of ptsd/depression/brain damage remedy

27 likes this.
  7. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It could be very interesting research!

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

No matter where I go, there I am.

969 and Phl218 like this.
  10. ORIF

ORIF Well-Known Member

The greatest benefits to travel over my 60 years have ocurred when I have travelled with and been able to share the experiences with loved ones. Like you, I have also found travelling alone much more difficult psychologically. I really enjoy reading your posts and hope that you find someone who shares your wanderlust and sense of adventure and you continue to explore the world and its cultures and enable and inspire others to follow.

motion likes this.
  11. Poop

Poop solid today

be bold and show the world what it looks like when ur body is done digesting it

12. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

^Probably look like a Jackson Pollock reproduction.

What do you have for health insurance/ medical expenses during these trips?

13. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Nothing like your stuff. The wife and I are taking a "guided" ("planned" would probably be a better word) motorcycle tour of Japan. We were a week away from leaving in 2019 when the country closed up and everything was cancelled. I've whinged about it on here multiple times, but it was a real gut-punch.

It was kind of a "milestone" trip for us, so we kept at it until we could go again. This year was the first opportunity.

We've always wanted to see the country, and both of us like to see a place from a motorcycle. Everything is so different. I don't think that I could have managed the logistics myself (I'm struggling with the volume of preparations as it is, so pretty sure at this point!), so opted for a well-regarded tour organizer (Ayers). They were superb in their handling of the prior cancellation, and I am happy to be using them again.

After the tour, we are going off on our own to see some sights. Toyko, the Honda collection at Motegi, etc. Trying to hit Suzuki and Yamaha as well (Kawasaki's museum is less motorcycle-focused). Suzuki looks like a possibility, Yamaha's is a little more out of the way and difficult to see. Maybe Mazda Museum on the car side. But we are going out of our way (Motegi is a bit to get to on non-race event days) to see the Honda collection because it is on my bucket list.

Yes, motorcycle enthusiasm all around, although we are seeing plenty of "normal" cultural sights on the bike tour portion of the trip. One company had a tour at one time that also took you to the MotoGP in Japan. Would have loved that, but they say there wasn't much interest in it.

So "adventurous" for us, maybe not so much for others. Fortunately, there are plenty of trips for all sorts.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Just try to give the rest of us fair warning.

Steeltoe likes this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Thanks - I will research it.

27 likes this.
  16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I think you mentioned before, but I forgot, sorry. Sounds like an AMAZING trip!!!

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Chicken in a clay pot. Amman, Jordan.

amman.jpg

Yzasserina likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I ate potato chips from a minimarket for my entire 4 days in Baghdad, but here's an outdoor kitchen.

baghdad.jpg

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Here's a traditional meal in Khatmandu, Nepal

khatmandu.jpg

MELK-MAN, WIslowpoke and Yzasserina like this.
  20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Dim sum in Bangkok. I've been hitting this place up for years.

dimsum.jpg