1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets talk fasting

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

It's like heroin and cocaine, good for the hobbyists but kroc, bath salts and flakka are what seperates the weekenders from the extremists.

2. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Tide pods are the new thing. Dunno how long one can stay awake on tide, but it would probably help with weight loss.

Get your doc to give you an adderall scrip, then insurance will pay for your speed!

3. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Resurrecting an old thread. I was following this back then but never tried the fast. Right now I am 52 hours into a fast. My goal is to reach 72. I don't need to lose weight, I am trying for atophagy to hopefully clear out inflammation. I cleaned up my diet the last month or so really eliminating carbs, sugars, processed food and seed oils. The first 24 was easy. Hours 30-48 were not easy. I felt tired, a bit of a headache ( I think from no coffee) and a bit light headed. Then this morning after about 49 hours, I feel a bit better. Not normal, but better. Head is clearer and energy level up a bit . I'm wondering if I need to keep it going to 72 hours to reach my goal of atophagy.

For those who have done multi day fast, how hard was it after 48 hours and was it worth it?

ToofPic likes this.
  4. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Not me but my wife used to do 5 day fasts fairly regularly. Day 3 was the most difficult and once she got past that it was easier on days 4 and 5.

5. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I made it 3,and cracked after the gf broke.
    Medically she shouldn't fast.It was tolerable but I wanted to mow through everything when I stopped

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Ramadan!
    "...more broadly interpreted as the obligation to refrain between dawn and dusk from food, drink, sexual activity, and all forms of immoral behaviour, including impure or unkind thoughts."
    https://www.britannica.com/topic/Ramadan

C'mon sunset! Get your freak on 'til the sun rises! :crackup:

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

1 - easy
    2-4 can be rough
    Then it gets better
    8-12 bliss

never went beyond that

wsmc42 likes this.
  8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Any tricks you guys have for making 1 day "easy"?

I've done it a bunch with varying levels of success, but I'd never define it as "easy".

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Get the flu. :Poke:

SuddenBraking and fastfreddie like this.
  10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Fasting? Yep, every night. Then I wake up and feed. :p

11. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I tapped out at 62 + hours last night. I was having back and abdominal pain so I figured it was time to stop. Last night was rough, but today I feel better and more energy/ motivation than I've felt in a while. From what I read, after 48 hours I probably achieved the autophagy I was going for. The stiffness in my joints seems better today. I will definitely use fasting again for health gains but maybe in the 24-48 hour range until I ramp up to trying 72. Also considering the 6/18 method. That seems manageable. Although I wasn't going for weight loss, I weighed in before and after. I started at 142.7 and ended at 136.3. Time to put a few LB's back on.

iagsxr likes this.
  12. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

I do 16/8 every day which half the time ends up being more like 18/6. Last summer I was doing some 23/1. Felt great but couldn't do it days in a row. Longest I've gone is 48hrs. Felt awesome but was way ready to eat.

I've been struggling the last few weeks with craving carbs and just junk food. It's cold and dark here so I'm sure it will straighten out once the weather does.

All I know is that my last meal makes a huge difference in how my fasting period goes. I've heard about bulletproof coffee and things like that that you can use during a fast that won't trigger an insulin response but have never tried them.

13. Surely you are referring to hours, and not days, right?

To each their own, but I personally see no sense in intentionally starving myself.

auminer, pickled egg and Itey like this.
  14. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

I dont get it really. If you burn calories, you need to replace them. Are you guys doing this for fat loss? Surely it's not being done for optimum performance.

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. There is a lot of shit that aggravates me. But my growlingass belly isn't going to be one of them.

16. fastfreddie

Ima splain it like this...

Fasting is like running the float bowl dry on shut down. It keeps shit from clogging up.

;)

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So does nasal irrigation. Taking from the other end.

18. fastfreddie

I don't really wanna know but...how did you learn a colonic works for a runny nose? :D

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It was the only approved treatment from the HMO…

fastfreddie likes this.
  20. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

That's my goal, yes.