1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My comment was referring to his attitude towards the incident. I've been convinced over the past couple of years that his mindset in these situations was always "he will yield, he has more to lose than I do if we crash."

I don't know who was wrong in this particular case and I actually didn't care. I was just glad that Hamilton didn't yield. I would've been perfectly okay with it if he had been penalized. That wasn't what mattered to me. But Max getting penalized was icing on the cake.

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I would have to see it to believe it, plus I think he'd cry while doing it if he ever did...

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Max may be a POS as a person, but the dude is 100% committed at winning at any cost. I love that attitude. We need more of it in top level racing, instead of the crying, sensitive BS. K-Mag made me a lifetime fan back in the day when he said he would sacrifice his life to win in F1. That is badass!!

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What would you know about any of that? You don't watch F1. :D

motion likes this.
  5. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

6. rwdfun

rwdfun

Thank you I was gonna say the same thing. To add to this thought, Senna was the one getting screwed by the FIA and Prost, Max was the one who benefited

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It's funny how winning F1 championship brings out the best in people :confused:

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Which has nothing to do with what I said. I was speaking to the mentality behind it.
    They both want to win at all cost either to themselves or to others.
    All the people I mentioned have the same mentality and there are lots of stories to back it up.

9. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I would argue that this is precisely what we DON'T need in any form or level of racing. It's dangerous enough as it is without psychopaths behind the wheel.

HPPT likes this.
  10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Who or what was so dangerous that we don't need any of that in any form of racing? Is it Max's aggression or K-Mags comment?

11. tiggen

You don't think travelling 200 mph wheel to wheel is dangerous?

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Sure it is. I was curious who your previous comment was about, Max or K-Mag.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So Verstappen's mother allegedly posted on Instagram that Perez (without saying his name) cheats on his wife at night. She quickly deleted, but not before people already saw and shared it.

14. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Classy family.

Chino52405 likes this.
  15. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Them there are fightn’ words!

16. tiggen

Senna, Schumacher, Hamilton, Verstappen, Alonso, a lot of other people who do it more clumsily than the above. For the record, I don't really have an opinion on Magnusson bc I've never seen how he drives in a GP winning car.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Didn't he do his rookie season in a McLaren?

18. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Do you watch Motogp? I don't even understand what you would be doing on a racing web forum with an attitude like that. And why is Max (or anyone else in Formula 1) a psychopath? If you read the rule I posted it is very clear that it was Lewis Hamiltons responsibility to give room. He chose not to and for some unknown reason, even the announcers were shocked when it happened, race direction chose to penalize Max which is in direct contrast to their own rule. In racing we all trust that the other guy will follow the rules. This trust is inherent to the sport of racing and racers in general. This is no different than the guy at a WERA event who bombs into a corner with total disregard or who has erratic lines. Pretty sure Sean would not look to favorably upon continued asshattery like that. Problem with F1 is they cannot be consistent in their decisions. They are all over the place with the penalties and fines. It makes no sense. They need to be uniform and apply the rules across the board. If you screw up you should pay, no excuses.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Magnussen, not Max.
    I believe that was after his stunt in Baku? When he said "sacrifice," he didn't mean hard work and ramen noodles. He meant fiery death in the context of that comment.

Steeltoe likes this.
  20. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

KMag and Max (since both are topics now) were both infamous a few years ago for swerving in braking zones.

In my humble opinion, Max, Jos, the Piquets, Horner and apparently his Mom can all get shipwrecked somewhere far away.