1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avengers: Infinity War

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Apr 30, 2018.

1. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I'd rather watch a documentary than superfunkheromovies.

I went with my brother to see a recent Star Wars movie. Got there a little early thinking it'd be packed.
    We were waaay too early.
    2 double Gin & Tonics, and coupla shots of whateva he ordered.

I had to piss 20-40 minutes into the movie, came back into the theater and couldn't remember where we were seated.
    I sat down on the floor at the back of the theater, passed out and was awoken by an usher and shown the door.

The opening to the movie was great as always :)

lightning97 likes this.
  2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

is Silver Surfer in this shit? cause i thought he was one of the main dudes that fought Thanos (from the tiny bit i remember in childhood)? he was the best Marvel dude anyways... where he is be?

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Nope. No SS.

4. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

booooooooooooo! :oops:

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I wasn't really into the first two Thor movies, but Ragnarok was good. Wasn't the rock-like-dood that was in it, one of the Fantastic 4?

Logan was great. And I was never into the X-Men movies.

I'm not sure how well the F4 and X-Men will play into the Avengers, but I suppose if anyone can do it, Marvel can. There's a new Marvel video game (Android/iPhone) that I've seen advertisements for - and Wolverine is in it, alongside the other Avenger characters, so I assume it's only a matter of time before they're brought in. Maybe in the post-Thanos-apocalypse world ..

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

gonna go check it out this afternoon.....see if all the hoopla lives up.

7. 600 dbl are

Logan made me want to crawl into a warm bath tub and slit my wrist. That movie was as depressing as The Pursuit of Happiness.

ekraft84 likes this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you care enough to feel depressed, they did something right.

Robby-Bobby and 600 dbl are like this.
  9. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Vision: Man, my grandmamma gave me that stone!

Thanos: My stone now......

[​IMG]

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

No need to go to the movies to feel depressed...you can do that hoping to find something on cable. A thousand channels...and nothing is on. :D

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wait, what? That wasn't a comedy? Then why was the Fresh Prince in it? :D

One of the worst of those superheros flicks was the suicide squad. That sucked bowling balls through garden hoses.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not saying you should make it a goal to find something that depresses you. :Poke: :D But aren't movies supposed to stir up emotions, and that can't always be laughter. It would be boring otherwise.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  13. 600 dbl are

Don't get me wrong, the movie was fantastic. I just have no desire to watch it again. Deadpool, the original Avengers, Die Hard, A Few Good Men, Hunt for Red October, those are the types of movies I will stop and watch no matter where in the movie I catch it. Logan isn't one of those movies.

ekraft84 likes this.
  14. fastfreddie

Your mancard is invalid. :D

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I said it was the best one I've seen. I didn't say that I want to see it again. :D

I've seen the pictures of your cat. You're not qualified to make that determination. :D

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    bleacht likes this.
  16. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Loved the story, really not impressed with how crappy and overused the CG was. Getting worse and worse as the movies progress.

Also, would respect the movie a whole lot more if they didn't have the stinger at the end.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It gets annoying waiting for those, but then they are basically the hallmark of almost all Marvel movies at this point. You can just get up and leave and by the time you get home someone will have already uploaded a clip they recorded with their phone up to youtube, lol.

18. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I don't mind waiting for the stinger, I just wish it had ended without the last 10 seconds or so.

[Spoiler below, abort now!]

I liked the idea that after all of these potential 'universe threatening events' that one actually would happen and we'd have to see how to deal with the consequences... bring a little weight to the franchise. But... nope, we're going to deus-ex-machina that shit away next movie no problemo...

19. 3twins

3twins Well-Known Member

That's another thing they're changing from the comic storyline.

They introduced another character in the credit teaser (won't spoil it) that I'm assuming will play the pivotal role. This person gets their stand alone movie next year along with the 2nd Ant Man movie.

20. fastfreddie

You confuse ownership. My cats are bad-ass. Don't make me post pictures. :crackup: