1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did my own Yeti challenge

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Aug 28, 2017.

1. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

I bought a ozark from Walmart few months back and have been truly impressed. I usually put a pack of water, couple Red Bull's, and my moonshine in with 3 packs of ice and even in high 80's low 90's in sun it will hold ice for 2 days or longer. Got it for 180.00

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Mixing Redbull with moonshine?

WANABE RACER likes this.
  3. WANABE RACER

Oh no! Don't want to ruin good moonshine!

4. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

It's funny reading some of the replies on here. Reminds me of the scene from Billy Madison where he's in the bathtub arguing with himself about shampoo or conditioner being better.

5. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I probably bought the same one. I like it. Definitely heavy and could use some wheels. But it cuts down on running for ice by half, and that's worth the cost for me.

6. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Big 5 had one on closeout, been sitting awhile, I offered the manager $100 for it and he took it. :)

MELK-MAN likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Precooling? Using dry ice? I don't have time for all that shit. I get a bag of ice from the grocery or petrol station, throw some of the ice, throw the drinks in and then cover with the rest of the ice. My wheeled cheapo cooler or my yeti (or both), they cool the drinks and keep them cold for the time I want them to be cool and that's about all I give a shit about.

8. WANABE RACER

I need wheels for sure!!

Bruce likes this.
  9. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

But your wheeled cheapo isn't bear-proof! Gimminy crickets, y'all just don't get it.

10. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

This thread is a riot. The shit we spend our money on....

But, I'm guilty too. I bought a Pelican cooler. Damn thing is stupid heavy and does keep ice a long time... but the best part is we have certified that it IS bear proof. Last summer a bear drug it off the front steps at our cabin. I shined the flashlight on him and he bailed but not before putting a few bite marks in it. I suppose it wasn't a complete test since I scared him off but we were certainly entertained by the whole scene.

So, since it is now uffishully 'Bear Proof' and has the marks to confirm it, it's worth more right? Jeebus, must be worth $500 now!

Phl218 likes this.
  11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

haha... dont they usually go after shit that "smells" nice to them? :D

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

That should tell you something about margins

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Yeti is kid proof. The girls can dig in the igloo and take what they want. Bears eat less than a pack of tween girls.

Quig likes this.
  14. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

They sure do, and my gf learned to NOT leave butcher paper (that was wrapped around some teriyaki skewers) in the ice chest. Apparently bears love that smell.

We've left stuff out a couple times under a game camera and it's crazy how fast the bear shows up.

TurboBlew likes this.