1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lease is up......

Discussion in 'General' started by Czar, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

An LX doesn't have real wheels though, just hubs. At least get the EX

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

so is the Honda the winner?

3. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

GTI: better gas millage than most of these choices and amazing power with tons of cargo room in the rear. And you won't look like an old librarian driving it. Starts at $25K, or get something with a few miles on it to save $$.

Nuf said.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know, steel with covers. Once she wears the tires out I'll look at new wheels.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Final result was a Civic LX. With trade value on the Q total OTD was 17k. So far she's happy and saving more than 300/months is huge.

BigBird likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

New car smell is always nice. :)

Hondas have a way that they grow on you. They just do their thing and do it well enough that you'll be like this is pretty good and all will be fine.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She really likes it right now so that's a good thing. She will get bored with it - but being a Honda and the way she takes care of her cars it'll have a good amount of equity when she does. Hell, she just got 3500 out of a leased ride.

First step will be tint. Then maybe some rims. Then a fart can :D

BigBird likes this.
  8. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Like I said, I still love mine and it's a 2010 with almost 100K on it. The new ones look very nice and have a lot of standard features that weren't standard on any car just a few years ago. The back of the new ones kinda looks like a Volvo to me.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She loves the back end too :D

It was amazing to compare it to the Corolla - a LOT of stuff not on the Corolla that is on the Civic. Night and day really for the same basic price point.

10. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I've never liked Toyotas for that reason. What color did she get?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dark gray.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Thinking about it...Evelyn has done the unthinkable in 'Murica. she went from a Luxury SUV to a compact car. That's like so un-American, I'm going to have to double down on pie tonight #murica

Paige likes this.
  13. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I went from a Chevrolet Trailblazer to a Civic and don't regret one second of it. That Trailblazer was a gas guzzler that broke all of the time and just proved to me that American made automobiles suck. :p

BigBird likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You wouldn't have gone from the Q5 to it tho :D

15. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

No. I would have at least gotten an A3. :D

16. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

OK so got an awesome deal on Civic LX - got a dark gray metallic - it had so much over the Toyota it was crazy including a bigger motor more pep and handling. Cruise control, auto lights, intermittent wipers,hands free blue tooth decent radio, comfy seats with a cool looking finish - very impressed - lowered my payment by $317. a month, drove it to Tally this weekend - does 78-80 no problem and accelerates nicely. Filled it back up today - $13.00!!!!! So far I really like it - going to get windows tinted and after I wear out these tires - new rims and tires! I maybe should have driven more models but Honda truly worked with me on this and I know the car will hold it's value. I've had some great rides in my years of driving but looking at 64 next month I really wanted to get something fun but also something that will be in my comfort zone - the days of wanting a big bad V8 with lots of power are gone and now I want fun and practical. I will always love driving and if I ever win the lottery the first thing I would get is a high end car with lots of handling.......but until then I'll be happy in my good looking Honda Civic! Things I miss Nav System (but I have a IPhone6S) the power leather seats and keyless start/lock...nothing major for me. I'll get back to you all in a year and let you know where I am with it all!!

Paige, BigBird and panthercity like this.
  17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Does it have Apple Car Play? It'll run your phone Nav through your dash screen.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm pretty sure it does, have to load up some stuff on her phone first though.