Lease is up......

Discussion in 'General' started by Czar, Feb 16, 2016.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So it doesn't piss you off at all? :D:D Maybe "to no end" would work better.

2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

RAcree, I don't know what you're talking about :D

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That pisses me off to no extent.

Venom51 and cha0s#242 like this.
  4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Higher trim level Corolla or Civic.
    All the comforts of a nice car, legendary reliability.
    You'll be happy.

Question: If you want to buy it, why lease it first? It'll be cheaper to buy it up front if you are going to hold it for 6-8 years.

5. charles

charles The Transporter

FORD 'FIESTA ST'

Drive it, you'll like it.

6. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Just make sure you don't go to a car lot that has this out front...
    [​IMG]

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

2016 HONDA CIVIC 1.5T DYNO SUGGESTS UNDERRATED HORSEPOWER, TORQUE

"rated at 174 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque and hooked up to a CVT...
    according to the dyno chart, the 2016 Civic makes 177 hp and 190 lb-ft of torque at the wheels"

And you can easily get some more HP...only issue is that the Turbo engine is only available with a CVT :(

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The CVT transmission is the opiate of the stupid and lazy.

Worst thing to happen to autos since the introduction of corn gas.

cpettit likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She won't be leasing the next one.

Of course no matter what she says now she also won't keep it more than 4 or so years.

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

The 2016 Civic Si is rumored to get a 4cyl turbo making around 230 hp and should come with a 6 speed gearbox, making it very interesting.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

I really want to see the civic type R .Wondering what the price will be. The newest Civic price gets up to $28K :eek:

cha0s#242 likes this.
  12. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

C63s 4matic :D

I'd also love to grab that $20K car that fills in the shoes of a CTS V and a Q5 o_O

BigBird likes this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

cha0s#242 likes this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That could be an acceptable alternative to the Minivan.

Venom51 likes this.
  15. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I like station wagons. Nothing has the cabin volume of a mini van but I will never buy one so don't care :D

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I like minivans and could well buy another, but I have had three wagons over the years. I liked them all and wouldn't mind having another.

Venom51 likes this.
  17. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Annoys me too. It probably cost me some money. 4 years ago I was between a new STi (the car I wanted from the beginning), a CPO Audi S5, and a new Mustang GT (Brembo Package, etc...). Stickers on all 3 were the same. Unfortunately, the STi was the first one to be eliminated since I couldn't drive one. Coming from an A4, I was nervous that the CPO S5 would eventually turn too expensive to maintain. In the end, the extra 100hp won out over my desire for AWD, and I took the Mustang home (it also helped that my ex-wife had X-plan pricing). But now, used STi's are selling for $5-7k more than the Mustang, so it's pretty much a wash. I'm starting to get the new car itch again, and the focus RS is on paper exactly what I want. I want to give it a year to let the hype die down and see if the car has any bugs. On the other hand, I see the Subarus hold their value really well. The STi has a proper center diff too. Unfortunately, all that could go out the window the minute I walk into a Subaru dealership and get the usual schtick.

18. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Yep.... Mama is not cutting a check if they won't let her drive it....

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Some of the 'Bu dealers really have their heads up their A$$. I get they don't want a 22yo flat biller tear assing around in an sti. A normal person should be able to test drive it to see if its what they want. I mean its an STI, not a Ferrari.
    If you really want an STI let me know where and I can check some dealer reviews on the 'Bu lists im on for a good one.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Do you think she'd look good in a backwards or flat-billed hat?