1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mugello, Italy | MotoGP 2015 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, May 26, 2015.

1. caferace

caferace No.

Words of wisdom. It really wasn't all that long ago that you would see plenty of riders getting lapped in the top tier. That's not happening, or not very often. The people you mention just happen to not be running as quick as their peers, and the grid needs to be full to provide the show. I don't want to go back to that.

-jim

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

3. 418

418 Expert #59

Cool, thx.

4. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

5. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Abruzzo must be a huge party right now! :beer:

6. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Apparently ASPAR thinks so

"Teammate Nicky Hayden started with determination, gaining four places on the opening laps, and set a strong pace. The American had improved confidence thanks to a modification made before the race, and was ready to try to improve on his result from Le Mans. However, going through Turn 4 on the fourth lap of the race, another rider collided with him and he could not do anything to avoid a crash. He escaped unscathed, but was unable to finish the race."

And apparently Forward agrees!

"The race ended prematurely for his teammate Stefan Bradl. The German, who was the fastest Open until then, crashed during the third lap after he made contact with Hayden and was forced to retire."

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup::crackup:

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Had he had foot anchors the bike never would have even slid out. He could have reigned the bike in with the anchors.

10. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Definitely thought Ianone jumped the start when I first watched it but just great timing. Damn good race for 2nd. Lorenzo's ability to get out front and just disappear never ceases to amaze me.

11. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Hahahaha BOLLOCKS:crackhead:

12. IOM, I think you fell into the sarchasm. :D

13. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

haha No dude, hence my reply. Funny how engrish can be read differently by engresh speaking people

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Foot anchors were banned last season due to unfair advantage they created.

15. :up:

16. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Cheers, my perspective is it’s not easy or possible to say that one way is right or wrong, there’s a lot of moving parts and racers and race teams will do what they can to race especially if they are well funded, they can’t be faulted for it, so it’s up to Dorna to have the requisite rules and standards in place. You’ve answered the question; he’s there because he’s paid his way there. And my beef is therefore probably with Dorna for allowing these situations. I’d hope/assume if economic conditions/motogp’s sports profile were better and grids were fuller they might be a bit more discerning of who can join the motogp party.

I don’t want to get into an emotive discussion about the other names you mentioned as support cos that’s where it will go on this forum, always does.

You guys should be more concerned with Moto2 grids, it’s been dropping consistently 10-15% each year since it started.

Perhaps, but by that logic we should reserve a seat for him in 2020 gp as well.

17. caferace

caferace No.

It was intentional for year two, but after that?

-jim

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I thought the moto2 and moto3 grids were oversubscribed at the start of the season?

Moto2 is the cheapest of the gp classes.

If you want to worry about a world championship, worry about WSBK.

19. Money is only part of the reason Karel is on the grid. If he wasn't fast enough, it wouldn't matter how much money they gave to Carmelo. He wouldn't be on the grid.

31 riders qualified for Moto2 at Mugello, all within 3.5 seconds of the top time. No reason for concern there. I'm pretty sure there's a waiting list of teams that want grid spots.

20. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Great but I didn't say he was unwelcomed at Honda.