1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What killed the 450 super single bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott Swensgard, Mar 1, 2015.

1. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Spokes look sooooo bad ass on that!

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Funny- I was thinking just the opposite. And while it's cool, isn't that a 450/550 TWIN?

3. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Yes. There was (is) a very cool spec series for those bike in the UK.

4. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Lamerrill Motorsports built a custom chassis/swingarm for the SXV motor recently. I think this guy may even be a member here.

[​IMG]

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

that's quite fetching

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Look at the swingarm on that beast!

I like that bike

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I saw the same thing. Does a bike with a motor that size need a swingarm that big? I really don't know. Just asking in case you or someone else here could clarify that. Looks cool as shit though.:up:

8. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Number 8 is Jeff Crowell, who has put in a number of Clubman runs on that bike here in the North Central region. Heck of a machine.

9. wrlamkin

wrlamkin Well-Known Member

That bike is even cooler in person. He ran against the Moriwaki's at Mid Ohio.

10. shakenbake

shakenbake Looking for my Burrow Owl

I broke my wrist, then everyone got scared and quit.......atleats that's the way I see it

11. freedomgli

freedomgli Well-Known Member

My bad. In my haste I thought it was a RVX450 conversion. That bike is actually a RRV 450 raced by Sam Wilford in the Thundersport RRV450GP and Supertwin championships. See the Aprilia Challenge website for more info. That Lamerrill Motorsports bike ridden by Jeff Crowell is sick. Thanks for sharing.