1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So What's it Gonna Be (US Roadracing)?

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why would anyone put proposals on DORNA's desk? If I want to work with a promoter who knows the US my first call would be Cameron and M1. Hell, if we could afford it I'd call him now...

DORNA is a marketing company who own the commercial rights to a few series. They are not a sanctioning body, they are not an organizer. Yeah it's cool and they have some clout worldwide and some cache but what dos it mean in the real world of racing here?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I would like to clarify that Timmy is not fat, but he ain't small :D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Also while I'm typing - WERA Pro Series is moving forward. We would love to work with anyone else interested in moving roadracing in the US forward. We worked with CMRA and JU this season and hope to work with other clubs in 2015. If it looks as if it would hurt racing for us to divide the pie by doing Pro Series we would absolutely look at going back to just the Nationals and the pro/am level. Whatever it takes to grow the sport in this country because what is happening now is unacceptable.

4. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

I've got to tell you that your current plan for ruining road racing in the US is really flawed. Just further proof that you can't do anything right. :p

I'm hoping to be able to put some $ behind you guys next year for WERA Pro.

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

To the stereotypical Daytona/Sturgis "biker"? Anything where you lay on the tank to ride, or put all your weight on your arms (their terminology). All encompassing, everything from ninjettes to busas fit under the umbrella.

6. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

MotoGP, WSBK, CEV and the Red Bull Rookies Cup among them.

In the real world of racing, those are kinda sorta big deals.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No shit? I had no idea :D

Seriously though, all of my words matter and I chose them on purpose. I said real world of racing here.

I could be rich running club racing in Europe with short drive times and plentiful tracks. We aren't in Europe.

8. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Gobert on the Vance & Hines Ducati was getting to the point his Dainese were barely fitting...and whooping everyone's ass when he decided to show up.

9. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

That name is a blast from the past!
    MSR boy!

Known that boy since his pearland days.

How is he doing?

10. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

I have very limited experience with WERA at this point, but I really like the sound and direction of the future. With that being said, I really see that WERA's website and social media efforts are a bit weak. I think another objective should be to revamp/overhaul these platforms and be a primary focus for the upcoming season. The social media aspect cannot be overstated in terms of growing awareness and the sports popularity.. Social media really drives the meter on almost everything these days. I don't really see none of the other orgs using the current technologies to promote and grow there own product.

I know it can almost be a full time job managing those sort of things, but I think it could really pay off.

Just my own thoughts. Please don't take any offense. I would be happy to assist with these efforts if interested.

11. Chip

Chip Registered

He's doing pretty good...:up:

12. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

that is great to hear!
    I have a lot of great memories watching Ty Howard and Haner tear up MSR back in the day.

13. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

The ebay add Haner had a few years back selling that completley wrecked racebike was frikkin hilarious. :beer:

14. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Sean is correct. Which is why Superbike Shootout was not sanctioned with FIM North America (and yeah, we asked about it, that was Plan A).

15. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

For the casual fan, what would have been the benefits of having FIM North America sanctioning on Superbike Shootout?
    Just trying to understand why there is so much focus on the sanctioning.

16. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

To differentiate it from AMA Pro Racing.

17. Awesome. :crackup:

He has put in a lot of work and lost a lot of weight over the past couple of years. But he is still not a little dude. And still fast as hell.

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

we need bigger WERA stickers.

for trailers, campers, and such... (MotoGP pit scooters)

19. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

Just to be clear so if one of these proposed series do fulfill their proposal and present 10 or more pro rounds with a solid TV package, etc and offer something that has been lacking at the pro level, then WERA would just revert the pro series back to the nationals?

I was curious about this too splitting up the pie and making it difficult for any series to succeed similar to what's been happening in Australia. Don't get me wrong, as it stands right now WERA Pro is the ONLY series that's had any confirmation about running in 2015, so it's at the top of the heap.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

He is fast as hell. Watched him at Roebling in the WERA superbike race where he & 6 others were nose to tail the whole race. Running 12s and less than a second seperated 1-7 places! Watching that gaggle of bikes scream up the hill outta 7, with guys riding power wheelies was exciting.

And I get a kick out of being able to read his last name on his leathers.