1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Union greed may kill company and Mongo!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Dave K, Nov 15, 2012.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Wouldn't be surprised if the rights are bought and someone else produces at least some of their products.

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

It won't be right going to work and not smelling the Hostess plant down the street any more. What will start my morning cravings now?

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Of course, after debts are paid, any profits on the sale of the brands would be distributed to the stock holders (ie owners)...again the union comes out on the sh*tty end of the stick. Haven't had a twinky in 20 years, all the sudden, when they're in jeopardy, I have this desire!

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Generally speaking, isn't bankruptcy usually preceded by liabilities exceeding assets? The owners will get... not much and will most likely have lost money. That end of the stick isn't all that clean either.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  5. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Speaking of union greed, this will soon be the fate of the rest of California.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/13/us-bernardino-bankrupt-idUSBRE8AC0HP20121113

6. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

At any rate he's the president. He should get paid a lot.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

President and CEO...of another company...which is having its own troubles.:D

8. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

Isn't that kind of like, uh, contempt of court or smething?

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Stellar food stuff that is....

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and employer of around 18K people, payer of tax and provider of benefits that impact hundreds of thousands of people. :rolleyes:

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

In the same vein, didn't you support letting GM crash?...:Poke:

:D

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Absol-freakin-utely! To get salaries in line where they need to be, to limit the role the unions have on the costs of producing the cars and to eliminate unsubstainable retirement programs I do. Instead, Obama and the bailout handed GM and Chrysler right into the hands of the unions and setting them up for the next crisis that should take place in about 2020 or so.

Why are VW, Hyundai, Toyota and the rest ramping up production in the US while the US manufacturers holding on by their finger tips? You guessed it, the foreign companies run non union shops. Those foreign devils!!!!

14. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Unions used to look out for the worker. Now they look out for themselves, to the bitter end.

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

One has to wonder the quantity of direct and non-direct employees (union and non-union) that would have affected... :rolleyes:

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh come on, you are trying to tie a union car worker making $45 an hour for a job that pays $20 in a non union shop to $20 an hour baker being asked to accept $18.50 an hour? Really? REALLY?

Need to change your name to stretch armstrong 'cause you are stretching like a motherf@cker! :D

17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

There's always Little Debbie. . .

18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Meanwhile, you're wearing tight-assed armstrong blinders...:D

GM has a shitload suppliers with employees depending on that industry. I'd be curious as to the GM versus non-GM employee numbers that would have been jobless.

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I wonder what caliber weapon the union used to shoot their own frigging foot off? As was said by someone long ago, "let them eat cake." :beer:

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Did those suppliers get full payment on their outstanding balances when Obama took over? A few of those companies are now dead and the employees wish they could take an 8% cut to keep their jobs. :D

In the words of a famous communist: In a perfect world we'd all sing in tune but this is reality, give me some room. :D