1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas for $1.99 a gallon around here.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

How about the oil company's (who are making billions already) just eat it when they have minor problems instead of gouging every single chance they get? Oh right, corporations are people too.

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

The signs are independent. Regardless of what that sign says, the pumps must be certified by State Weights and Measures. Whatever price is displayed directly at the pump, that is the price you pay.

3. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Think its more Wall St traders playing with the prices than the oil companies....hell if a gull craps on a tanker,our version of a legal pyramid scheme pushes oil prices higher.Big oil just sits back and reaps the benifits

4. Murcielago311

Murcielago311 Well-Known Member

Like on the billboards? I know in 2008 it was independently entered by a little remote control unit inside the gas station. So when we changed the price at the pumps, we'd have to roll all the signs to match it.

5. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Average gas price here has gone up $0.12 in one day, $0.245 in a week, $0.525 in a month.

Can anyone match that?

As the old saying goes: "The price goes up like a rocket, but it comes down like a feather."

6. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Someone needs to change the title to this thread!!

It gets my hopes up then lets me down every time I see it pop up. Damit. AGAIN!!!

7. caferace

caferace No.

Normal in Northern California. :down:

-jim

8. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

goin up allmost 4 cents a litre here tonight...1.33

9. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

The yolk's on you. :D

10. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

Oh Shit!! There's a hurricane in the Gulf! :rolleyes:
    Like that's never happened before!!! They're probably planning their extra bonus parties as we weep!! :mad:

11. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

My van still has about 1/2 tank, and I have a can or two, so I shouldn't need to buy any gas for several weeks, unless I need to go out of state.

12. Went from $3.88 to $4.25. Today.

13. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Diesel is now over 4.50 per gal....Fuggers. :mad:

14. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

3.58 to 3.95. Hurricane obviously or it's the 4th tuesday of the month, or whatev.

Prices jumped .40 a few weeks ago because of the Mississippi drought....but came back down as if the Mississippi was suddenly overflowing it's banks in a short week or two?

Really insane.

15. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Must be time to bring back a scooter or rebel!

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Gulf of Mexico refineries are shut down for the storms. California refinery exploded a week or so back, no telling when it will be back on line.

All just GREAT excuses for maximizing shareholder value...

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Seven years since Katrina and we still have no additional refining capacity. Woohooo.

18. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Just filled up....$80 :( That will last a little over a week.

19. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

The only way we can affect the price is via our consumption. As long as we keep buying it, nothing will change.

20. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

still say boycotting one major oil company and one only will affect pricing.the popular one day dont buy gas deal does nothing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.