1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas for $1.99 a gallon around here.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

I got rid of my jeep and bought a bicycle. I save a ton of $$$ and I've lost 15 lbs. #Winning

2. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

ive been pleasantly surprised here on diesel. regular has shot up to $3.95/gal and diesel is at $4.05. Not gonna hold my breath as im sure it wont last, but thats the closest ive seen in pricing for the two since i BOUGHT my duramax back in 03 when it diesel was .30 "less" than regular.

3. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Buy a bunch of gals while you can at that price. I'd be willing to bet that it will top the 5.00 mark again this year, never to go down past 4.50, and that's if we are lucky..The guys I feel bad for are the owner operators, those guys are getting killed on fuel prices..:mad:

4. ToddClark

the most i can store is what goes in my tank. LoL I filled up on Saturday, and can go almost 2 weeks between fill ups, i hate to see what its gonna be next week when its time for me to fill it up again.

5. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Ask your racing buddies (or your race fuel supplier) for an empty 15 gallon drum. You might have to pay a deposit fee (~$10), but it can be useful, especially during hurricane season when the pipeline can go down, like it did in 2008.

6. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

gotta love canada. we just hit $1.38/L, which is approx $5.25/Gal

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yeah, but at least you guys have hockey........oh wait, looks like that's dead this year too!

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Diesel hit $5.40 here in Prudhoe this week. Glad I dont have to pay for it...

9. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Early June we were at $3.02 per gallon for regular (cash)....today, that same station is $3.69. :(:down:

10. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I read there's an approximate 20% 'hurricane premium' going on right now and prices either peaked or are very close to peaking and should start dropping as we get deeper into hurricane season assuming the Gulf doesn't get whacked.
    Avoid Lukoil in South Plainfield, NJ

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I got some yesterday morning at $4.04, wife gassed up her Burgman last nite at the same station, up to 4.09.

12. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

They should just call it a periodic "gouging premium" and just say it for what it is.

13. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Sort of. Supply and demand. When refineries shut down for hurricanes, supply drops. When supply drops, prices go up.

14. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Don't get me wrong, when they legitimately drop supply because of hurricanes, that's one thing. It's when speculators bring on price adjustments because they "think" hurricanes are going to shut them down is another.

15. ToddClark

diesel back down to $3.98 here.

16. yzmaico

yzmaico Well-Known Member

The thing that really kills me is we were exporting next to no oil around 2002, now US refineries are export selling 40 times as much and the dickhead oil companies still blame prices on everything but themselves.

17. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Huh..? 4.55 here.

5.40 in Tx.....is that a typo..?

prices have been going up for the last few weeks..:mad:

18. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Now up to $3.79.:down:

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

$5.40 in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. Not sure what it is doing at home.

20. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

You must not be near one of those Lukoil stations advertising gas for $9.98/gal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.