1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the craziest way you have seen a bike transported?

Discussion in 'General' started by Fencer, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

2. Almostryan3

Almostryan3 Well-Known Member

3. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

4. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Welcome to the last decade...:Poke: :D

5. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

6. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

Ooo, I can add a picture of my own efforts before I owned a truck. On the bright side, the gas mileage was a million times better and my bike got to enjoy A/C along with me, :D

[​IMG]

7. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

8. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

We once did two bikes in a Dakota normal, then one sideways on the tailgate, 3 bikes for a 1.5 hour trip each way. Probably not the brightest idea, but we were a lot younger and dumber then... This was in '03 in FL.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I did two bikes in a VW microbus with gear and a drum of Elf. The front spare of the VW was painted up like a day glo flower and it had about 756 Grateful Dead stickers on it. Top speed was about 3 miles per hour.

Got pulled over three times going to NH and once coming back.

10. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

Props to all the die hards getting their bike to the track. But whoever set that rig up in post 5 is just a dumbass.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think it's freakin' brilliant. The plank comes off and down the road you go. I wouldn't do NY to LA with it but a few miles down the road it's pure win.

12. 6uldv8

6uldv8 Well-Known Member

I was admiring the dead dog on the seat of post #5.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I kind of like that too. :D Not for a seat but a nice pair of pants made up of that. Beats draping yourself in velvet 5 to 1. :D

14. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I'm thinking the chain should be removed and the wheel bearings serviced. Otherwise, I've seen worse ideas.....like two bikes and a can of Elf in a microbus....

15. F4Scott

F4Scott Step out of the car

We put my Aprilia RS-250 sideways on the tailgate of a Tahoe to get it from Road Atlanta all the way up to Speedwerks in Delaware. 4 of us just picked the bike up and set it on the gate then strapped him down. Good thing it's a light bike.....
    I did talk to the guy after he got it delivered. He told me he had to stop at about 2am and get out of the truck and take a nap. Seems he had a small case of Carbon Monoxide poisoning. :wow:

There is a photo somewhere but, for the life of me, I don't know where it is.

The things we did in our "youth"....

Scott P.

16. High Side

High Side When you see God....brake

Something you don't see everyday

Attached Files:

17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

A guy I work with..... Funny thing is he's a Coach in the Dirt at the Honda School here in Alpharetta on the weekends....

[​IMG]

18. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:crackup:

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

There was an article in one of the motorcycle magazines years ago about two moto journalists that towed dual sports behind their Goldwings up to Alaska to do some backroads camping and touring. :up:

20. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

I once saw someone cut the top out of a station wagon to go racing. He made it to the track but on the way back Michigan police towed his rig.