1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben Bostrom was at JGP today...

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Feb 22, 2012.

1. playdough

playdough Well-Known Member

i'm going out on a limb and saying that no, he won't challenge Josh and Blake. He'll fall back into top 10 status like he's been doing the past couple of years. I believe he is pushing it right now because Pridmore is there and putting up super competitive times...possibly could step up and take his spot. Once that threat is gone, he'll be back to last year's pace, well, until the final round again and he needs a job for next year ;)

sorry

2. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I'm thinking and hoping he wil challenge the top few this year. He had made comments last year that they just started getting the bike dialed in later on in the season and his performance seemed to reflect that.

Let's not forget, he had two years on a yamaha before the 2011 season started with him riding for Jordan on the Suzuki.

3. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

I sure hope so! Get em BB! :up:

4. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Confusing, but they were calling them FUSA in the early 2000's. (Linky) The last time I remember NASB at Loudon, I was still in T&S (Before 2001) and two of the three classes they ran were Harley powered.
    I've been to FUSA when WERA had them, during the FUSA/NASB one year marriage, when they trickled down to a two race series under Doug Gonda and through to when they finally dropped the name altogether, because calling a horsepower restricted class Formula USA was obscene.
    I just fondly remember FUSA in 2002, when Paul Curtis and Randy Stems backed me up and told the Rolling Gnome to f*** off when he started meddling with how I was running pit lane during my rookie year in the position.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  5. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Probably so. Paul is/was a hard bit crew chief tuner type from Green Cove Springs, Fla. who took shit from nobody.

For the SE crew, he was the genius behind Borge Larsen's stupid-fast FZRs.

6. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

Thems are fast 400s!

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know they were calling it that, I took offense at it then too :D

8. Steve C

Steve C Mostly working.

1:13.xxx = Sick time. If I dreamed of doing a 1:13, I'd wake up screaming :)
    Mongo = too serious. :tut:
    Sarge was fuggin tedious after the first joke. Jus gimme the facts and shut the hellup.
    JGP loosing grip. I dunno. Maybe slow riders getting old. "Track record" keeps going down. - jus sayin.
    A short guy called Rock picked me up outside T2 back in '05 - good guy. Liked him. Never did see him again after that.
    I liked Dan. Straight shooter. Well done, Sir. :up::up:

And, that's all I have to say about that. {/gump} :)

s

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry about being too serious but certain aspects of this business are just that, all business.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Did the Jordan team switch suspension vendors this year (or was it late last year)? I remember Zemke having all kinds of troubles with the ktech (???).

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

You owe me a new Laptop...:crackup:

12. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

That reminded me of something. I did the Frank Kinsey school but I actually did it one on one with Frank at his home. About halfway through I asked him why he was so serious.

His response, "because this shit will kill you. This information I'm telling you is that important. If you want me to be funny we'll go to the bar afterwards and I'll tell you a few jokes while we're drinking a beer".

What a great afternoon.

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I believe they are still on K-Tech and have been for a few years. Ben and Porkchop were finally getting it dialed in halfway thru last year, whereas Jake always seemed to have trouble getting a setup that didn't destroy the rear after 7 laps.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty much my take on it all. You can absolutely have fun while doing it during the day but there isn't a moment I don't realize that I can make a decision that could hurt people. I try not to dwell on that aspect but it's always in the back of my mind no matter what I do at the track.

15. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I texted back & forth with Rob just the other day. He's in Texas now.

16. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

bmart was just kidding about the grip at JGP. :D

Lots of peeps complain about it (perhaps they're there in the middle of summer when complaining), and while I'll agree that it's not as much grip as if it were new pavement..... as long as the times keep dropping.... there's enough grip for us mere mortals.

17. playdough

playdough Well-Known Member

18. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

19. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

20. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

We had races at Nelson Ledges in 80-82 that we called F-USA It was a run what you brung money race. I remember telling Doug Gonda about them at a party the night before the Indy car race at Cleveland where our Superbikes were the support race.