1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To be 1million% sure - Solo20

Discussion in 'General' started by KILLEN, Apr 14, 2011.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The points idea for the solo sounds kinda cool.

2. Matt H

Matt H ah, mi scusi

Points as in a separate Sprints and Solos championship? Or adding Solo points to Sprint points?

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

points for just the solos could be cool. I personally don't care but that might attract some of the racers that don't do it

4. I got a (wood) trophy for the Saturday solo last race in Vegas. Money would have been better, of course.
    Can we get cooler trophies if there's no money ? Something under 5' less than 110lbs and a C cup (preferably).

5. sgr62004

sgr62004 Well-Known Member

Boooo

6. radripperaj

radripperaj Member

also preferably made in china or japan :p

7. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

I am really sad to see the payouts go. In past weekends, the $$$ from the solos have helped me complete my weekend. In fact, i try to run an extra class on sunday if i can with the solo money, putting more back into wera.

Right now, I feel like I'm going to have to pay $80 for a 20 lap practice... why not just have $80 practice all day on sat from now on?

8. :stupid:

If there is no cash payout, then there should be something else...some reason to do them...something to work towards...something to chase...something tangible.

The points is a good idea. Have a seperate championship for the Solo's (instead of combining them with Sprints points, that way the people who can't get off on Saturdays aren't punished).

Then people can go to the WERA site and see where they stand in the "Solo Championship".

The payout elimination will stop some people from doing them. But the points may bring in even more people.

9. vic ferrari

vic ferrari Member

I'm with Sam booooo!!!!

10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Sacrifices have to be made and we all understand that. Does not help the sting though. Hope things start to rebound...

You know it's funny that track costs have increased. 10 years ago, there were maybe a couple track day orgs that ran days. Now these places are booked far more than they ever were and the costs associated continue to rise. Just seems odd.

11. KILLEN

KILLEN Ninjafied

RACE! RACE! RACE! RACE! RACE! RACE! RACE! RACE!

Really, that's all I care about...

Thanks for the update Mongo.

12. MX121

MX121 Well-Known Member

13. grantourin_90

grantourin_90 Well-Known Member

How about doing some kind of team challenge race? Saturday practice sounds good too though.

14. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

DUDE you're on a 200 Hp Monster why are you scared of anything???

15. DangerZone

DangerZone CAUTION!

I can't believe that nobody caught this or said anything, but May 1 is not preceded by a 31st. :Poke: :D

You'll have all these racers confused and looking for another race date! :p

16. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

:stupid: its nice to have that race in Oct. I was gonna miss it because of my brothers wedding not anymore. :beer:

17. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Sort of on topic.

I was just looking at this weekends schedule for Nashville and the "Solo's" are the same length as the sprints. 10 laps. I thought they were like 20 laps or around 20 minutes usually?

is that a mis print, or did I think wrong?

18. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Funny. Last evening I was discussing this with my wife, and I said "I know Sammy isn't going to like this."

19. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!
    :up: :up: :up:

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They always were glorified practice 80% if not more of the riders. The only change is for the few people who won.