1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA Supercross

Discussion in 'General' started by GixxerBlade, Feb 26, 2011.

1. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

so
    Stewarts getting lapped team mate would have had to "stop" too?
    Seems like a lot to wish for
    Did ya notice how long the rear of Reeds scoot was sliding instead of biting?

2. six6two

six6two AWD

I honestly don't mind it that much in MX as long as it's slow stuff like that. But what stewart did on the last straight/turn was definitely unacceptable in any form of racing. It wasn't dangerous, but it was still some eslick shit. He was too worried about Reed to beat him. Maybe he'll learn... probably not though. And malcom seems to be headed down the same road. I also love how RV2 quietly extended that points lead!

Edit: I do mind the standing on/kicking of an opponents bike. That was childish. Fastest man in the world? HAHA!

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Why not. It wouldnt be the first guy that arrogant prick put in the hospital....:down:

4. Nicky v

Nicky v Well-Known Member

I'm not a Stewart fan, but I thought his pass on Reed was "clean" (for a sx blockpass for the lead). But Reed had NO chance of making that pass and he knew it. Reed is a dirtbag. Go RV2!!!!!!

5. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

just watched the race. what happened between bubba and reed in the last few turns before the checkered flag?

i know block passing (with and w/o contact) is a huge part of mx, but when is purposely t-boning someone legit?

great race, but far from one of the greatest. late 80's and early 90's sure had some amazing races with what seemed like a lot more lead changes.

6. six6two

six6two AWD

Reed took the outside on the 2nd to last turn, and stewart looked back and cut over in front of him, Reed then goes to stewart's inside down the straight and bubba looks back again and cuts back over and gets on the brakes way early. Then Reed managed to get back outside of him, get on the gas and take the outside for the last corner and blasts into Stewart to take 3rd up the face of the finish line jump looking back midair. Bubba tried SO hard to cut him off/slow him down, and it cost him the podium. So glad Reed got him!

7. six6two

six6two AWD

I would bet my life that THAT was why big James was so pissed, not the first silly incident where he kicked Chad's bike.

8. RWS

RWS Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks Reed and Stewart would race somewhat clean is mistaken. They might try for the first half of the race but their true nature will always come out. They need to keep it between themselves and not mess up the real racers. I'm pullin for Villipoto and Dungy!

9. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

He did. It didn't break his leg though.

10. DangerZone

DangerZone CAUTION!

I am guessing you all are talking about the Atlanta race?
    Is it going to air again?

11. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

I like all the dirty passing! If i'm Stewart i'm punting Reed next race early in the main! Good race but not as good as the 80's and early 90's!

I liked Stewart standing on Reed's bike to get his going! I would've done same thing as both Reed and Stewart. My pass may have been a lil dirtier though.

Malcolm Stewart has done nothing wrong yet this year in my opinion. He was aggresive this past race into the 1st turn and went down but it's racing not a friendly trail ride

Anyone catch the CBS greatest SX race show Sunday?

12. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

that likely got both bikes separated and back in the race faster than they would have otherwise.

13. Mxer485

Mxer485 Well-Known Member

No cause last time it happened to a racer he liked "herrin" and this time is was done by a racer he liked to a person he doesn't like... So it makes it ok. I hate Reed with a passion. But I will not ignore his ability to ride he is def one of the best riders in the world. But he wonders why he couldn't find anybody to sign him for this season being one of the best. Cause he is a whiny little bitch that is a virus to a team and despite his talents nobody wants to deal with is soap opera bullshit. I agree with alot of peeps in mx/sx rubbin is racing and those kind or passes happen when 2 racers are giving it 110%. Even with my dislike for Reed I'm not knocking him for that block pass. But i def think he just bite off more them he can chew cause Stewart is going to rock his world. It might not happen in Daytona but when the chance comes you better believe he wont forget. Def some of the best racing on tv these days haven't:beer: missed a race in over 10yrs cant wait for the next!!!

14. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

so bubba screwed himself by trying to f*ck around while he could've sprinted to a podium since he got up from the wreck faster than reed.

and reed hit him yet again in the very last turn?

daytona is going to be a blood bath.

15. cowboy600rr

cowboy600rr Well-Known Member

I couldn't have said any of that better myself, except that I'm REALLY not a Reed fan. I want RV to win the Championship. Reed is a complete d-bag. It won't surprise me if they take each other out at Daytona. Stewart went in deep for the block pass but barely touched Reed and was at least parallel to Reed. F-ing Reed was perpendicular to Stewart on his "pass". Stewart should have just looked at Reed and his bike like another whoop and attempted to ride over both. If you're willing to put yourself in that kind of position, you're willing to accept the outcome, even if it means become a human whoop section. And yes, it was still the best race of the season.

As for Big James, Bubba needs to either tell his dad to STFU or man up. Even Carmichael and Emig sounded like they chuckled when James' dad told him to go. What was that crap? If I was Reed I would taught Stewart during every race just to see his dad yell at him.

And on the podium, RV was smilin' because he knows he just has to ride smart to win this. :beer:

16. volcomrr

volcomrr BUDDY

I don't really pull for Reed or Stewart, but this comment is stupid :Poke:

When Stewart got on his feet his right leg was over Reed's bike, Reed picked his bike up. How else was Stewart supposed to get his right leg back over without dropping his own bike that he had already started to pick up?
    <Fragement Sentence Please concider revising> haha

17. six6two

six6two AWD

Did you not see him kick reeds bike for the 2nd time? Hint: Stewart was already on his bike:Poke:

18. six6two

six6two AWD

Acutally yes "cause" A.)Stewart initiated contact B.)This isn't roadracing.

I don't know what race you were watching, but Stewart was so worried about Reed after he torpedoed him, that he got beat. It does seem AWFULLY familiar, but I'm not sure you're capable of drawing the parallel here...

19. six6two

six6two AWD

Exactly :D

20. twentyone

twentyone Well-Known Member

On Wind Tunnel James said that his dad saw Erin Bates and the cameras coming, knew James was super pissed, and yelled at James to get into the pits to avoid a heat of the moment interview.