1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'General' started by socal, Nov 24, 2010.

1. sstein77

sstein77 Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying, SpeedyE. I had no clue what white/yellow plates represented when I started doing trackdays....or before I had my bodywork painted. I felt like a friggin tool out there once I learned what they meant! :bow: Oh well......time for some paint....and a tootsie pop!:beer:

2. Indetrucks

Indetrucks Well-Known Member

This ^^^

Everything else I noticed but hasn't gotten under my skin yet.
    But please, for fucks sake! Stop revving your 2-smoke for 30 minutes!

3. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

:up: :beer:

4. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

A trackday isn't a race, and I could careless what color background someone uses at a trackday. Racers know who other racers are, even if they've never met. There is a certain level of worn out looking pinch bolts, and all the right parts, but none too clean or too shiny that just screams racer.

5. Throttle_Junkie

Throttle_Junkie Active Member

If you can't muffle your bitch, that's a personal problem.

6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

i dont have many pit peeves. noise dont bother me much whether it be generators or 2 smokes. cigarette butts arent really a peeve of mine however i do agree you should throw em in the trash out of courtesy for the track. biggest peeve is safety wire on the ground. had a buddy of mine at nashville helping me safety wire my bike and had to give him a nice long lecture on why not to leave pieces on the ground. he simply just didnt know any better. other big peeve is people not paying attention when bikes are coming hot off the track whether it be kids or loose dogs or full-grown adults. when i come off the track im ready to get back in my pit, get out of my leathers, and get a drink. im not going to be watching my speed with extra special care. i dont have a speedo and my perception of speed is going to be relatively distorted from spending a whole race at high speed. as a general rule i keep the bike in 1st or low 2nd gear in the pits but thats the extent. others should yield to bikes entering and exiting the track.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That sounds great in theory but the onus is on you to ride slowly no matter what your perception is of a proper speed.

8. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

I dont get the pit speed thing... 1st gear only, a little above idle... DONE. If you cant handle that you dont have enough brains to be on the track...

9. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

Very nicely worded and it paints a picture ... its content could go into a haiku or something.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

When did you being banned get lifted? :D

11. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Sssshhhhhh :moon:

12. gixxerfever

gixxerfever Well-Known Member

These are mine:
    -loud rednecks blasting music and shooting off fireworks
    -people that warm up their bikes and rev and rev their bikes
    -stuck up people that cant return a hello
    -kids riding up and down the paddock in their loud dirtbikes
    -Slow amateurs that "HAVE" to beat you out onto the track to do the warm up lap LOL
    -People that mess with your setup overnight
    -loud generators

13. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

Oh jeesbus T-J is here

14. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

:stupid:

15. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Racers and teams who continue to party and screw around during the playing of the National Anthem. That one frosts my ass. I mean how hard is it to stand up and face the flag for three minutes?

16. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

children on wheeled vehicles (bikes, trikes, rollerblades, heeleys, whatever)

dogs (leave em at home)

people who dont bring a radio and then ask me "what call was that" all friggin weekend

people who want to come for a visit while I am setting up, having been there about 10 minutes

people who want to borrow a tire gauge (that is a personal item and I dont trust you with it)

anyone who talks to me about bullshit between first and third call. When I have my helmet on, shut up.

17. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I often work through the National Anthem. Nothing I can do about it...

18. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

the beauty of freedom is that you have the right to be a disrespectful asshole to the very place that provides that freedom.