1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'General' started by socal, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Gonzo

Gonzo Maybe you should drive...

You suck, creep...

2. Junkie

Junkie re-tarded

If I'm on the track and need to take a dump, I just stop the bike, take my leathers off, and pop a squat right at the apex of a turn. I've yet to see a sign requesting that I don't.

3. benfer

benfer steadily going faster

I dont have too many, yet Im a weekend warrior. I will be club racing next year, but out local scene is small so I dont know that I would run in to the same issues you national guys do. However I would be pissed if I got safety wire caught up in my tires, and I have seen people go stupid fast on pit in and nearly take out young kids.

4. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

:Puke: Good God Morris. I can't wait til February so we can all hang out again. :up:

5. CNI Dawg

CNI Dawg Well-Known Member

Smoker here too
    But I field strip butts then place in trash can or keep til I find a can
    No need to litter up the place
    Was taught to leave the place better than found

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  6. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

bunch of green rookies complaining about two strokes!!!!??? realllllly?

bitches. anyone at a race track bitching about a two stoke aint got a hair on 'em.

i opened my truck door this past spring and caught a provisional novice sneaking his mondo-loud-as-fuck generator right in front of my truck! 100 feet away from his pit. he was scared shitless. i caught him red handed. didn't think i'd be up a 6:00. punk ass. i let him have it, then let jim know and he called him out at the rider's meeting.

when i caught him he said something like, 'oh don't worry, it's not that loud...' then put it it your own pit!

7. CNI Dawg

CNI Dawg Well-Known Member

That's a classic ! ! !

8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Loser. Looser is when something doesn't fit right. It's loose. Loser is someone that throws their butts on the ground. Just thought I'd clear that up for you :up: :D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, you're new here huh?

10. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

Loud generator's keeping you up....

We just followed the extension cord, identified the owner, and then calmly moved it closer to their pit. Of course it was just for their benefit. Such a long cord can get damaged and become a hazard with people driving over it. :D

The one pet peave that I have at the track is those who think they need to be as loud and obnoxious as they can be after midnight or think it's cool to have a pit bike race at that time. Good grief, some of us like to be coherent the next day.

Dawn

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

That's not dangerous, that's suicidal.

It always comes back to "dogs vs. kids", doesn't it?

Kids need to know what's going on if they are roaming around. We let Olivia go off with her friends, but she knows to pay attention to her surroundings and to give racebikes the right of way, especially after third call. Conrad doesn't, so he stays with us. Anyone sees our kids out in the way, being stupid, whatever, please either take them to task or tell us about it (or both). Believe it or not we do care, and do our best to keep them under control and not be a nuisance/hazard to others.

12. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

I throw my cigarette butts in the trash outside my house and around other peoples houses out of courtesy, but I don't go out of my way to find a trash can in the middle of a parking lot. And no, I save my beer bottles to throw at road signs while increasing my carbon footprint and killing cute little kittens.:Poke:

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Throwing safety wire on the ground is my other big one besides running your generator all nite. I had to toss a new front last yr. that only had a couple sessions on it because of a piece of wire in it. Ran it in fri. afternoon practice, checking pressures sat. am ,0 psi, what the f%$# ? Start rolling it around, there's a why, nice pc. of wire sticking out. I always pick up any I see when I'm walking around, I did before this happened too, just seems like the right thing to do. Hopefully " paybacks a bitch " finds these guys and they get a few flats of their own because of it.

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

did i read that right? :crackup:

15. MXRider

MXRider Active Member

Only real pet peeve is pit speeders/stunters.
    Your not cool, your just a douchebag.

16. charles

charles The Transporter

Come come now...let's tidy up our grammar: Your not cool is not cool. You're not cool is cool. Same with the douchebag accusation.

By the way, are you properly authorized to call someone 'just a douchebag'? It's a serious thing, you know, just being a douchebag and nothing else.

17. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

OK, Charles, Venn diagram time for you. It is entirely possible to be *ahem*, "just a douchebag," as well as an accomplished concert pianist for example...Being one does not logically preclude the other...Oil burning miscreant...

18. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't want my yard looking bad so I dump all my ash trays in the tree-hugger yards whenever I have used motor oil and antifreeze to dispose of in their organic gardens. :D

19. MXRider

MXRider Active Member

oh, didn't mean to upset the grammar police....
    lol

20. charles

charles The Transporter

Chummie, you know better...being a douchebag is bad enough, but if one is 'just a douchebag' (to the exclusion of anything else), then there is no hope at all, my good man! Logic has nothing at all to do with this particular nomenclature. Now, having said that, we both realize that there are of course various shades and degress of douchebaggery, and it is quite subjective in nature; there is absolutely no scientific evidence that operates to provide us with any established criteria. Therefore, one is on solid ground to postulate that being 'just a douchebag' is sufficient indication that no other status is possible. Causa latet, vis est notissima.