1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Race/Bike number...

Discussion in 'General' started by Frenchier6, Apr 28, 2009.

1. woodyracing

woodyracing Well-Known Member

409 - the beach boys song popped in my head when I was trying to come up with a number when I first started doing trackdays and I've been using it ever since

2. UGADAWGBEAST

UGADAWGBEAST Well-Known Member

225 Thats my fighting weight and I am 25 yrs old so It sounded good at the time!

3. metalkid88

metalkid88 Well-Known Member

grandfather died on sept 24th. so ijust added a zero to it.

4. AeroRamer

AeroRamer Mid-life crisis is fake

I used 888 as a joke when I started track ridding in 2007. No matter how the bike was oreinted, up or down, it was easy to know that it was the noob.

Now, I am in search for a new number with some personal meaning. But if I can't find one I'll get whatever is there that no one wants.

BTW, for official race numbers, why isn't there (or is there?) an official posted list of all the used numbers for the curent season? That would make it easier to select your preferred number.

5. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

my old number was 156 so on my license plate of my car i had 1FIFTY6

6. jschmidt

jschmidt Well-Known Member

199. My '76 XS650 Cafe Racer is nicknamed The Blue Plate Special because it was resto-modded on the cheap. $1.99 is the old diner daily special cost.

7. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

LINKY

The numbers & regions they race.

8. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

It's complicated, but it has nothing to do with BBoz. :D

9. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Is it how much wood a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

10. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Nope, already had it when I went lumberjacking, and kept it when I went to expert. It's the only number I've ever had or will have. :up:

11. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

191, Birthday is January 19.

12. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

262 - Because I ran a marathon the first year that I started riding the track frequently, and all I could think about was how long a marathon is. Started racing the next year.

13. 05ZX10R895

05ZX10R895 Member

895...homage to two of my favorite sports figures. 8 for Cal Ripken Jr and 95 for Roger Lee Hayden (Kawi love).

14. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

you need to remember this: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2064702

to get the joke. Winslow was #80 for the browns. my bike is #80, and is painted like a browns helmet.

Now that they traded him, i've considered changing numbers, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

15. RACEFAN#21

RACEFAN#21 Active Member

AND THE WINNER IS............. THIS ONE. NOT SO MUCH WITH THE 44 BUT THE 269 IS PERFECT.:beer: :bow:

16. Joe S

Joe S USCRA #496

496 is the house I grew up in - if that was taken I asked for 404 because that's what I am in geek-speek. lol

17. YZFBeliever

YZFBeliever Well-Known Member

It is the birth date of my first born, May 30th

But since I had a second, I am thinking of commbining his day and her day

30 +21 = 51 if available.

18. LittleGuyRacing

LittleGuyRacing Little Guy Racing

111 ... ... ... easiest number to make with electrical tape.

19. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

My hubby's is 413 as well. It's our anniversary. We were at Roebling and he really wanted that number but it was taken so he was going to use my birthday. Was talking to the guy who had 413 (who just happened to be there) and he told me it was his last race and if we wanted it, no prob. He talked to Ev and it's been ours ever since.

20. Engstrom997

Engstrom997 Well-Known Member

Originally 97 way back in my MX days in the early 90's ended up being my graduating year. When I got good enough in MX I had to add a 9 to get into the bigger races so was 997. It stuck no one wants that high of number so you don't have to many with the same number, use it in MX, Sumo, and RR now.