The Electric Car Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Apr 27, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I quoted in your exact words the the relevant parts of your post that I believe speaks to your sobriety at the time.

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

C’mon now, we can’t believe everything @cu260r6 tells us, he reminds me of a politician.

@nigel smith asked him what he does for a living, but he didn’t answer the question.

3. lizard84

I may be mistaken but I think the stink over lithium imports and there methods of procurement were front & center in the anti-EV camp.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Talk to me in 25 years when all the environmental reviews and lawsuits are completed…

5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Why do we import oil?

6. lizard84

I’ll be ash by then so I don’t give a shit, suddenly your an environmental activist!:crackup:

7. lizard84

Is that a electric car question?

8. Boman Forklift

You are correct I picked the wrong name out of my hat. @cu260r6 made the idiotic statements about the price of replacement batteries. Yet when we show proof he then says well Tesla doesn’t count?

Then he virtue signals that his state was powered by 49% renewables, when in reality Colorado is still a majority coal powered state. But he can still lie to most everyone else and his friends by looking down on others with his pompous attitude. virtue signaling his way down the road.

For some reason, his condescending, that’s already been covered, SIGH statements, rubbed me the wrong way?

lizard84 likes this.
  9. lizard84

I get it.:)

10. pickled egg

Not suddenly, you’re incapable of simple comprehension… :rolleyes:

11. lizard84

Actually the EIA list Colorado natural gas fired plants barely edging out coal at 31.6% to 29.2%. While Colorado is well above the national average for coal fired electricity (15.1%) renewables do lead production at 39%, also well above the national averages (25.1%)

Interestingly enough, electricity fueling stations outpace motor gasoline 1788 to 1533. I’m guessing that number isn’t apples to apples and they are counting charging stations vs gasoline stations and not actual pumps.

12. lizard84

:crackup:

I admit some confusion, aren’t you an electrician? Gee, I wonder where that copper comes from? While you’re riding that high horse head west on your next vacation and tour Berkeley Pit super fund site, I hear they have a gift shop! I haven’t been through there since 1981 but I’m guessing is looks unimpressive as a sludge pit compared to the hole it was back in the day.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Coal companies in West Va are having trouble finding workers demand for coal is so high. The miners are happy for electric cars and ideally want everyone to get one. More ev's mean more demand for power and the bulk of electricity comes from coal fired plants. Interesting take on the "green" revolution.

Goes along with countries throughout the EU bringing coal plants back online after prematurely closing them.

Evs are good for business in the coal industry.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

15. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

brex, Steeltoe and BigBird like this.
  16. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Given the context in which it was asked, do you honestly not understand the reasoning behind the question? I fear that any attempt at meaningful debate on our part would be an exercise in futility. Carry on.

17. lizard84

Coal hasn't been producing the bulk of electricity in the US for some time. Natual gas leads all.

Electricity generation, capacity, and sales in the United States - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

18. Boman Forklift

I linked where I got the data, and it was from March of 2023, so one or both of them are wrong. Either way, not even close to 49% renewables, like the EV bible thumper claimed for the ENTIRE state of Colorado.

lizard84 likes this.
  19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

20. pickled egg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.