MotoAmerica - Round One - Road Atlanta 04/21-23

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Apr 5, 2023.

1. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Some of you would bitch about a free sandwich. Nitpicking commentary?! Get the fuck outta here. Awesome racing all weekend, great coverage and some insightful talking/commentary from people on opposite ends of the industry. Bunch of bored mofos here lol.

2. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Just like the original S1000RR?

3. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

LOL! It think it looks good. It definitely stands out and you can spot him on track easily.

upload_2023-4-26_8-40-37.png upload_2023-4-26_8-41-57.png

Nathey and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  4. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

Science and aerodynamics aside... bikes just look silly with winglets on the front. Imagine taking the spoiler off a Countach and gluing it on the front.

ToofPic and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Gimme the sandwich and find out. :Poke:

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I like orange but not that puke green.

noles19 likes this.
  7. pickled egg

Anthropologists surmise that Homo sapiens developed breasts on their upper torso to encourage males to be attracted to females.

Anthropologists further speculate that the ability to bend at the waist was an evolutionary response to males wanting a nut without having to stare at the recipient of said ejaculate.

Science.

8. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I'm not sure I should be judging people's paint choices....lol, but making it easy to spot was the idea behind this. This was somewhere around 1988.
    upload_2023-4-26_9-22-56.jpeg

9. pickled egg

Fancy paint and graphics are expensive.

Easiest way I found to be highly visible on track was to be half a lap back from everyone else. :D

Nathey, Monsterdood and badmoon692008 like this.
  10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I thought the Attack Yamahas looked silly getting the paint sucked off their bike down the back straight..

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Where is that happy go lucky guy I used to know?:D

13. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

That was all rattle can in the garage. Came out good....too bad you can't tell it's the 80's.

14. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Enjoying his time watching some awesome motorcycle racing!

GixxerBlade, RRP and cav115 like this.
  15. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

So when I saw the new team Orange Cat BMW on TV for the stock 1000 race I looked up the website.

Where is this team from?
    Chicago :confused: huh?!?

Why are they calling it orange cat?

No ideao_O is there an orange tabby running around the workshop in Chi Caaa Go?

Did someone race their bike with a orange tabby strapped to it?

Did we go back in time and now we are using Cat to refer to an older gentleman who prefers the company of Cats? :D

16. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

On Thursday, MotoAmerica was towing vehicles and issued $250 parking tickets to teams that had vehicles in the pits that did not have a green pit access sticker on their p1 parking pass. One of our mechanics had his truck hooked up by a wrecker but they dropped it when he pointed out his disabled vet handicapped tags. They still issued a $250 ticket and pointed out that the handicap parking area was near the MA tent by turn 12. Pretty shitty IMO dude is a 26 year retired infantry guy spent the majority of his career in the 82nd and Ranger battalion. His knees are wasted..

GixxerBlade and Waterboy like this.
  17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I will make you a pimento cheese sandwich for 50% of everything you own. I believe that is the going rate.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

She is a 15-year-old doing something that is not her job, and for the first time (as far as I know). I have seen quite a few grown-ass men with world-level race or championship wins who were downright awful the first time. Some never got better. You're lucky you've never had to listen to Régis Laconi.

19. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I can't believe anyone would critique Kayla as a commentator - or any of the racers who step in on a whim and add some perspective to a round.

Wow, just wow...

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Let us know how they are, the description sounds like beef jerky in a bar form :D