MotoAmerica - Round One - Road Atlanta 04/21-23

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Apr 5, 2023.

1. solson1041

solson1041 Well-Known Member

Pull up Herrin's IG page from a year ago for a perfect example of why people don't like him.

He did a perfectly reasonable pass on track, but unfortunately it caused a slower rider to crash heading down the hill into T12 there at Atlanta. He was only arguably at fault, but I wouldn't hang him for it. Unfortunately, someone crewing for the guy who crashed made a fuss, so Herrin made a whole post just blasting the crew member. He's such an insecure little weenie who can't handle the slightest criticism. I'd quote him directly here for impact, but he blocked me after I called him an insecure weenie.

Because he's so insecure and fragile, he lashes out often. In this case he lashed out at a CREW MEMBER for another, much lower-class rider. Just the definition of punching down.

He does stuff like this often, he's got the second thinnest skin of any American public figure I can think of.

I thought his riding last weekend was AWESOME and I'm glad he was in that race. I assumed basically everything he explained in his little video, he's not a psychopath, he's not trying to hit anyone at 190 mph lol. I'm stoked to see him mix it up at the front all season long.

Doing wheelies on the street? Fuck yeah, go get it.
    Doing risky moves on track that sometimes don't pay off? I'll hate him after all his peers start hating him for it.

But the way he's such a paper-skinned little dweeb. That's why people don't like him.

2. 418

418 Expert #59

Yup, Josh seems to not know when to STFU sometimes but on the whole I don't think he's a bad guy. He also explained in a GW interview that people come at him on social media and don't realize he's human too.

Anyways....

Couple of bullet points from the weekend.

- The fan turn out was strong, I remember last year was good but it seemed like they also had more vendors in '23. I got there Friday early afternoon thinking I was gonna park my toyhauler wherever I wanted and was shit out of luck on anything decent.

- According to the MA podcast on YT the new Dunlops are the one's that Pettruci was hoping for last year. So I wonder if Dunlop made the tire package more Ducati friendly?

- Is the Yamaha tapped out as far as power? Sure looks like they are skirting the absolute edge of reliability again.

- Scholtzy, building momentum or another flash in a pan season?

- Lastly, for the love of God can somebody call Road Atlanta management and talk them into upgrading the bathrooms out of 1995?

Nathey, MELK-MAN, Shenanigans and 4 others like this.
  3. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

By Saturday night the bathrooms in the pit area were absolutely disgusting. Sunday morning I walked across the bridge over the front straight to see a man about a horse. Those bathrooms were nice over there.

418 likes this.
  4. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

I am thinking Leeroy Jenkins aka jh2 will get a Ducati win at Barber.
    The new tires have made things interesting again.
    I was hoping to see PJ in the mix.
    Anyone in the know, why he wasn't up there with Cam?

5. rapidzrx

rapidzrx Well-Known Member

So what was he supposed to do EINSTEIN- HE HAD NO BRAKES!

GixxerBlade likes this.
  6. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Because he is not Cam.

7. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Good Lord. It's like a sewing circle up in here.

GixxerBlade and MyWayGuy like this.
  8. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Welcome to the circle :crackup:

9. Either did I and I was rather pessimistic before I even clicked on the video. Maybe he got some advice or a talking to about what his sponsors deem acceptable behavior, maybe he was just defending himself, who knows but I thought the video was a good explanation and I think him stating he’s been riding for x and racing for x years was his way of telling him fan base who are not racers how serious it was. That’s how I took it at least and I’m by no means a Herrin fanboy.

10. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Agreed.

I appreciated Josh made the video and put as much thought and effort into it before releasing it - but mostly for keeping it professional and not using it as a platform to fling poo.

Honestly hope we see more of these 4-5 way battles this year with him included.

KneeDragger_c69 and evakat like this.
  11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I don't think they are tapped out on power. I think the Alpha BMW's are just that strong. What's troublesome is that they don't even have all the parts for them yet.

From the looks of it, Cam's bike wasn't a blown engine, it was something else coming loose.

12. Used2befast

Take a look at the race 2 on youtube video...min 38:49-52 seconds (there is a huge poof of white blue smoke out Cam P's Yamaha R1 as he gets on the gas up the hill thru T1)

That is indicative of a engine grenade.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2023
  13. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Have you been to BIR?? :)

14. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

All you need to do is look at WSBK to see the Yamaha’s are lacking compared to Ducati. The best racing bikes in the world are Ducati’s right now. They are absolutely the most developed bikes on any grid in a Pro series.

JH2 doing well on that bike is not a great surprise either…but I’d say it’s more bike than rider. I go back to his last two factory rides for that opinion. Should be an interesting year in Moto America.

MELK-MAN and cbush like this.
  15. Used2befast

Agree, That new V4R is a beast and JH now knows he arguably has the most powerful bike in the MA superbike paddock. Fun times ahead o_O

16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

*Nelson Ledges 24hr brought to you by Upper Decker has entered the chat..... “please please let’s cut this short we’re all prairie dogging it here!” “We’re sure all you paul Bunyan types and your girlfriend’s girlfriends have been waiting but please... bow down to the king of all hand dug outhouses... we are NL!

17. Rocco was unreal jumping on that bike, if anyone doesn’t think it wasn’t then they need their head examined. I hope a fair amount of younger kids get things like this explained to them, on track performance is only part of the equation (to most sponsors). We need Rocco in the series and more kids with his skill, it does no good him sitting on the sidelines waiting to pick up open rides as a fill in rider. I’m sure he will mature and hopefully his career can me managed so he can be in a position to land a solid ride that his on track performances have warranted spotlight on for sponsors. Off track the guy just annoys the crap out of me and I have no use for him but his on track ability is pretty damn good.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

It’s in Oh Hai Ho. Its only rival in piles of excrement is San Francisco. :D

A. Barrister and 27 like this.
  19. Big issue is not many teams can afford what it takes to get a fully competitive Ducati. I know what the cost was a couple years back and it’s mind blowing. JH having direct help (either team paying for it or Ducati providing it) and all the right kit bits on the bike is a massive piece of the puzzle to Ducati. A lot of other OEM’s you can go out and buy what you need and get “some” support from the factories (electronics being one of the big ones) and still have a competitive package. BMW will sell you what you need as well and their engine program is pretty damn good, but once again it’s down to how much $ is in your budget.

20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

They’re “high in the middle and round on the ends so the shit all runs down O HI O”