1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica - Round One - Road Atlanta 04/21-23

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Apr 5, 2023.

1. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

Working comms? Seems like a step down from Supersport.

Namarow and badmoon692008 like this.
  2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

You been in the weather to long bro. Wtf is working commns? :crackup:

JJJerry and Kev59 like this.
  3. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Something not mentioned much was the performance of the Dunlop tires...they were taking major abuse from 3 different mfg's laying down huge HP. I saw a couple up out of the seat moments for Gagne but mostly the bikes were just laying it down hard lap after lap.

4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

More likely Magneti Marelli performance, or whoever is doing the traction control work onboard. But, sure, the only tire allowed to race should lauded for winning races against no one but themselves.

5. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

And that's what is great about personal choice. The funny thing, is everyone trying to convince each other that our choice isn't valid. There are plenty of racers who I thought had something really special, but were complete douchenozzles. I guess it depends on what criteria you're evaluating something. What's important to you in that moment? Nicest guy? Most exciting rider? We all get to choose our priority....and then listen to half the people on the beeb tell us why we're wrong!

6. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

You are correct. The tire they had this weekend was spot on. There was incredible wear and traction had all weekend.

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Herrin is a douchebag like the world has not seen since Yourgay Lorenzo. Dude has a family and continues to act like a 12 year old.

MELK-MAN, 88/532, 27 and 1 other person like this.
  8. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Youre speaking it brother!!:bow::bow: One of my closest friends knows and has worked with Herrin.We disagree about the guy,but were still great friends.He swears up and down the dude shits rainbows and unicorns.Says he works his ass off like nobodys business,and is soley responsible for Fresh N Lean even being in the series.He brought em to Yamaha,and Yamaha in turn booted him,and kept FNL.I've met and known quite a few folks since my 1987 in and out with the sport.Im a fanboy,and somtime backmarker.I will always appreciate the guys like Gagne,who remain humble,and take the time for a few minutes to shoot the shit,and even ask what your racing.Just like Kayla,what you see her saying,and doing is 100% her.She even rode my gf around in her golf cart last year,for no reason other than shes a sweet person. This sport needs more humble people,less bravado,and maybe we can get the fan base it deserves.:) (smiley face at end so no one can get mad..):D

9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Social media attitude for me. Why is the dude giving me the middle finger? (was from a few years ago)

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

the current Suzuki isn't the same Suzuki that the factory team gave Elias. the M4 bikes are way lower spec

11. Racer362

Racer362 Active Member

You don't even ride, go home! ;)

12. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

You bring up a great point, and it's one reason why I'm not going to totally jump on the Herrin hate boner wagon. It's about being genuine. I totally disagree with a lot of the guy's judgement, but he's 100% who he is. I definitely have a hard time swallowing people who put out the rainbow shitting persona in the media, but are douchebags in real life. If you're an asshole, then sow that row. You also have to leave room for people to change, and your opinion along with it. Man, I was so excited when Petrux came over here, as he 'seemed' like he was a nice guy. After some of the crap he pulled while he was here, and after having met him twice, I adjusted my view. Am I wrong? Not for me, but maybe for you. Now....being a nice guy, doesn't mean I want to be on track with a guy, nor does being a douche mean I don't. I don't think I'd want to race against Herrin. I would have loved to had the chance to race against JH4, but I was gone by then. That's nothing about personality, but more trust based on what I've seen on track. Plus JH4 is one of the coolest people I've met....so there is a little of that in there. :D

ToofPic likes this.
  13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Some of the hate comes from the fact that when bad things happen on track herrin is usually within 5 ft. Coincidence.. maybe the first 5 times but after that......

MELK-MAN, Dragginass, 418 and 3 others like this.
  14. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Why doesn’t motoamerica do any rider press conferences before and after like sx or any other racing? Would be a great way to let the fans know the riders better and they wouldn’t be judged by a single incident in one race and left speculating.

grapemustard likes this.
  15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

They do all the time on motoamerica+

418 likes this.
  16. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Maybe on Facebook but never on live plus. At least not on the Roku app which I assume is the same as the others. It's unfortunate.

17. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Great racing all weekend. Glad Cam is back and up front, the series needed it. I like gagne but don't like watching him walk away every race.

18. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

No one asked the most obvious question of all? How do these wagu energy bars that are sponsoring Kayla taste?

badmoon692008 and kirk erlinger like this.
  19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I guess that sheds a bit of light on it from Josh's perspective...

20. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Exactly what I thought he said too...

:crackup::crackup::crackup: