1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just found out the wife ran up some serious credit card debt

Discussion in 'General' started by USracer900, Nov 6, 2022.

1. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

My grandfather said these exact same things in the 1980’s. I think it might just be how old guys look at the world.

2. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Why yes, thats called debt slavery, brought on this latest time by the federal reserve in 1913. This countries founders declared independence to get away from the same scam being run by the B of E.

tony 340 likes this.
  3. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

HaHa! You have me there! My Grandfather used to say the same thing!

YamahaRick likes this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Don't be silly. Debt is a tool. Like any tool there's proper and improper use of it.

Gino230 likes this.
  5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Debt slavery is more a notion of control.

An example: an employer will prefer an employee with a mortgage, because of the debt, he's more likely to tow the line to make his income suffers no interruption.

6. Dave Wolfe

Yes. Its a tool used to hold us down! I aint talking houses.

You were alive at the time, dont you remember the IRS being created at the same time the federal reserve was created?

7. auminer

IRS is a tax collector. Nothing to do with personal debt like mortgages, car loans, and credit cards.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You’ve been drinking the water from Flint, MI again, haven’t you?

Gino230 likes this.
  9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It's good enough for his Messiah, so why not?

10. Dave Wolfe

You are right. It makes debt slaves out of people who never even took out a loan. How is that right?

11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

12. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

They're doing 7 year car loans here

That's right about the time the salt rots them out, and the local repair guy cant find parts or employees to install them

Were heading down a path, and at the end there's a cliff

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Well when new cars and trucks cost as much as my house is worth it's to be expected.

cpettit likes this.
  14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

7 yrs?? local dealers advertise 10 year loans on 3yr old used garbage.
    I recently saw a schedule of available financing for tier 5 customers at 21% apr.
    I have 2 younger brothers that are millenials and I find it amusing how clueless they are... especially when I slide a $170 brunch check in their direction. All of the sudden they want to seperate the check... fine heres my $20 for the soup, tea, & tip... ya'll can sort out the $26 burgers, avocado toast, etc.

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Mmm... Avocado toast!

16. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Speaking of cost, and rotting out... I really don't understand people buying 25-70,000 (or more) dollar daily drivers, then not finding a good corrosion solution for them, to extend the body, frame, suspension life (nope... I cant be bothered, it costs too much).

The current lanolin based formula's like Fluid Film, Wool Wax, and Surface Shield, are great corrosion inhibitors. and for 150 up front, you can buy the pro application kit, and a gallon of product and do the car multiple times. then every other year or so, buy a gallon of sprayble product to recoat, touch up the high wash/wear areas. my 17 and 19 trucks, look like brand new underneath. I apply it, in the fall prior to the first snow/salt event. It really works well. hell if you dont want to buy the kit, go buy 6-12 spray bombs of it and go to town. I coat everything but, the exhaust, and brake rotors. Ski

Gorilla George and TurboBlew like this.
  17. Dave Wolfe

The window stickers need to show the expected depreciation over 3 and 5 yrs. "Buying this car will cause you to lose $20000 over 3 yrs and $24000 in car value over 5 yrs."

nowayout likes this.
  18. auminer

But what's my monthly payment?

:crackup:

Saiyan66 likes this.
  19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

We're at or very near the hotels on boardwalk stage of monopoly. We all know how that ends.

Bugslayer likes this.
  20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Better yet... put copies of monroney labels in defib boxes...lol A base model 1/2 ton pickup costs how much??? :)