2023 Supercross Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Once a Wanker.., Jan 5, 2023.

Tags:
  1. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Shaheen was just loud, and a fan so, he let emotions and verbage tongue tie him. at least he knew who everyone was, their team, and history. inc history of the sport. Will and Leigh dont know dick, they are there for their accents. Ski

2. Critter

Critter Registered

Daniel Blair is good track side
    Ralph was horrible

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Diffey is professional and articulate, a very talented sports announcer in a variety of sports, but really doesn’t know jack about Supercross. So he relies heavily on his expert color commentary.

I really liked Carmichael and Stewart doing color commentary, I mean, who better than 2 of the four biggest winners in the sport? and of the two, Stewart is obviously quicker and more articulate and, basically, smarter and more direct in his comments and perceptions. When he says “what’s he doing? Why did he do that?” Or “he shouldn’t have gone wide there” one second after it occurs and Carmichael is silent, you begin to appreciate the guy. But they both are very good. It must be hella hard for a current racer to be so directly evaluated by talents like these two guys.

Once a Wanker.. and skidooboy like this.
  4. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Will do. Is there really any seats we should avoid, or is it all pretty good views?

5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

250 main was it

loved hearing stewart on coms, i remember meeting and watching him ages ago at Harrisburg motorama

6. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Track is long and looks like it's gonna be a tough night in the whoops

7. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Eli doing Eli things, Sexton doing Sexton things....

8. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Well stated.
    Back to status quo.

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I think Eli's mentally on his way out. He came, he saw and he conquered. He has a family and he's healthy. Why wouldn't he be? We started to see signs of it last year too. I hate it, but more power to him.

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I agree, the vibe that it's his last SX season is there. I'd like to see him get three more wins this season because of that, but I'd also really like to see Chase get his head right. He is fun to watch when he's on.
    And with Jett as his teammate next year, he needs that head straight this season.

11. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Wish both of them were better at announcing because of the knowledge they have when it comes to actually riding/racing. Stewart is better than RC but neither of them should be in the booth.

What would be good is if they had Weege and someone else, maybe Langston. Then use Stewart as the 3rd guy who doesn't talk as much except when he sees something that really catches his eye.

I don't get why we don't have more data on screen. Show segment times to really highlight who's faster where like they do in WSBK/GP.

03RumbleBee likes this.
  12. Once a Wanker..

I still have 5 great front and second row grandstand tickets to the Daytona SX for sale, if anyone here is interested.

ToofPic likes this.
  13. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

IMG_20230218_150434.jpg IMG_20230218_150504.jpg IMG_20230218_151626.jpg

I had a great time minus it being in shithole Oakland and almost getting into a fight leaving. Some dude body blocked me from behind when we were leaving. Found out later after several people got involved he was drunk and thought I was his friend. Fuck Oakland glad I didn't end up in jail from this prick.The white redneck community is alive and well In California regardless what TV and news reports.

14. Once a Wanker..

Sold the 3 front row tickets. Still have 2 second row seats to sell. Next to a long-time friend, and behind a former industry guy's family.

15. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I can see Sexton at Star after Eli retires. I don't see him wanting to play second fiddle to Jett at Honda.

16. Once a Wanker..

So Eli's in for the outdoors Nationals, and the Super Motocross Championship season now.

I'm picking Sexton for the Triple Crown win tonight, Eli keeps it safe in 2nd, and Webb over Anderson, who tries too hard, and screws up sometime, for 3rd.

I'm not ruling Tomac out for the win, however.

ToofPic likes this.
  17. skidooboy

wow! really going out on a limb there, aren't ya? ;) LOL! just messin with ya. Ski

18. Once a Wanker..

3rd race carnage prevailed in both classes. Going to be a good rest of the season.

19. skidooboy

tracks are just getting to rough, too technical. the top 2 or three are way out on the rest, then they lap up into the top ten. seeing guys like McElrath get lapped in a sprint is just nuts. these guys have skill and pace. way too many injuries too. Ski

20. Once a Wanker..

I still have (2) - Daytona SX grandstand tickets for sale. Premium start/finish line, one row above the front rail of the asphalt track. $75.00 each. Some of the best seats available!