1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Supercross Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Once a Wanker.., Jan 5, 2023.

Tags:
  1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Didn't Eli's dad say that Kawasaki set the bike up and he had to ride it the way they had it set up and wouldn't make changes?

Once a Wanker.., skidooboy and brex like this.
  2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Yes. That team is known to be that way, worse than Honda ever was in GP or superbikes.

renegade17 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  3. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

That is what John said, whether it is true or not remains to be seen. like I said, RV did well on it, and Anderson won several races last year on the same bike Eli had so... Ski

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Bike+team leader+team personnel+riders attitude=GEL

Tomas has achieved GEL.

The dude even looks happier.

5. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I'll mention that Star Racing Yamaha has been clearly invested heavily in R&D research and implementation of it into their engine / electronics / chassis set-ups to give their riders a clear advantage off the gate at the start. Their 250 Yamahas have gotten an unbelievably high percentage of hole-shots since at least 2020. Eli's starts have been astoundingly better since his move from Kawasaki to Star Racing Yamaha. Ferrandis' starts are also better, whenever he is well enough to race these days. Yes, other factory's likely are doing work to help their riders start better, but the Star Racing clearly is at the forefront with their starting set-ups.

Star Racing Yamaha's Jeremy Coker agreed to hire whoever Eli wanted to work on his bike, as a condition of his contract. Josh Ellingson is his lead tech, and has a "map switch on Eli’s handlebars. He has one start map that he prefers to run and engages it himself when on the grate at Supercross." (Quote: Motocross Action)

It's been discussed on Racer X that Eli's primary expectation of his contract terms was to retain Ricky Gilmour as the lead suspension technician for his crew. Eli and Ricky had worked together when Eli was riding for the Geico Honda 250 team, and they clearly have proven to be a successful combination since they've re-connected. Ricky is assisted by Drew Hopkins and Jake Price.

I'm sure there are plenty of other back-stories to this team, including Star allowing Eli to train at his home in Colorado, with John and son deciding what was best for his performance, and with with minimal Florida or California testing days expected.

Bugslayer likes this.
  6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Eddie had fun at dinner tonight... He was very accommodating! 83869.jpeg 16785095374730.jpg 16785095819941.jpg

Once a Wanker.. and skidooboy like this.
  7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Wow, Roczen was able to put that old pile on the top top step. Great job.

Senna, evakat and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  8. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Damn fun race to watch.

cpettit and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  9. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I’ve never done coke. But, if I did, I expect I would act like Barcia in his post race interview.

Letitsnow likes this.
  10. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

11. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

He kept talking about how he left it all out there, yet he looked like he was childhood fresh. Either he was coked up, or he didn't actually leave it all out there. Am hoping he retires soon.

12. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Give his you tube channel bam bam tv a watch. I hated him before I watched it. He’s a cool guy and I think if more people knew him and how he thinks he would have a lot more fans. Since he started the bam bam tv on YouTube he has gained a ton of fans.

fucking awesome for Ken. I hope he gets the kickstarter tatoo!

13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Tough night for Tomac. Webb is also just always there or thereabouts.

Awesome race between Barcia and Roczen. Barcia also seemed pretty clean tonight.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Roczen has sold a lot of RMZ450s this season for Suzuki.

prm and ToofPic like this.
  15. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I had one for a few minutes,and waay too much scooter for me in the woods 61614540_132533121265654_5881468798564827136_n.jpg And ended up with this instead

61654228_132533237932309_5972984028972711936_n.jpg

Razr and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe Suzuki has sold any of those old POS bikes due to Roczen.
    Kenny is a great rider and a nice guy, but nobody buys RMZs any more. No reason to.

17. prm

prm Well-Known Member

For a long time you could get them for thousands less than the others. Use part of the savings to dial in suspension and end up with a very good bike for less.

Once a Wanker.., ToofPic and Senna like this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, you were able to find them way under list and it came with a Yosh exhaust. Why wouldn’t you buy one when a KTM is approaching $12K?
    Yeah, it’s a bit slower, the suspension needs tweaking and the power map selection is a procedure instead of a button but if you’re just looking for a 450 to goof around on or race old man class, it’s fast enough, you can do a ton of suspension work and tweaks with that cash you saved and in the end, who cares what color the bike is at a less than expert level?

my brothers friend picked up one for under $9k new with the Yosh pipe to cross country and he’s stupid over the bike and the savings he had over even a honder.

19. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Do you know if the 250s are similarly less expensive?

20. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

The one I have pictured took 3rd at Loretta Lynns in A Vet class..Not with me on it of course,but more than capable.I would step out on a wild ass limb and bet Roczen's 4fiddy probably resembles a stock one in color/frame alone