School Me on the new Bronco

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Mar 31, 2021.

1. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Glad to see the “Sport” is not the only one...disappointed to see the “full size” is Ranger based though. I’m sure being a little trimmer is better if you actually use it to off road but I’d rather see it on a 1/2 ton frame.

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Well they are trying to compete with the Wrangler, not an H2.

rice r0cket likes this.
  3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I saw one on the road the other day.

Total turd.

4. GixxerJohn011

I know the originals were pretty tiny but when I think Bronco the only thing that comes to mind is the OJ chase Bronco. I also think that the abomination that wears the Blazer badge today looks like what a real Blazer would shit out after consuming a Honda Civic.

I know they have to put out something around every 20 years or they lose the right to the name but...c’mon man!

BigBird likes this.
  5. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I think the Bronco Sport is supposed to have more advanced off road capability that things like the RAV4 and the Escape. Seems small but people who have gotten them seem to be happy with them. Of course we all tend to like things we just spent a bunch of money on.

I’m still on the reservation list for the new Bronco. I didn’t put an order in yet as I would prefer a MY22 after they work out a few bugs and I can get the white hardtop. I still haven’t fully committed to getting one, but I’ve kept my place in line. My guess is I wouldn’t get it until mid 2022.

rice r0cket likes this.
  6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So that must be how Mercedes took the GLC name from Mazda.

cortezmachine and BigBird like this.
  7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I haven't committed to the Bronco as well.
    There is competition, options, to consider:
    - LR Defender
    - Jeep Wrangler (4xe & 392)

And, I still browse the listing for a Bronco II (the only vehicle that I have owned or driven that I give serious consideration over anything modern).

969 likes this.
  8. GixxerJohn011

Not 100% sure on the details but my parents got a 97’ish Monte Carlo and I swear I read something that they took 2 doors off the Lumina and put a Monte Carlo badge on it to retain the name.

9. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Yeah, I’m not in a big rush but a convertible 4x4 that is good in the snow is attractive to me. If used Jeeps were a little cheaper, I would go that way, but I do like the styling on the Bronco a lot and it seems like the 4x4 credentials will be pretty decent. I could even imagine adding a roof top tent and doing some over landing in the future. In fact isn’t that what many vehicles are, an idea of adventure more than a practical implement?

Hawk518 likes this.
  10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Well you've identified the problem. Good luck finding a solution.

Boman Forklift and notbostrom like this.
  11. team1887

team1887 Member

Bronco Sport is a decent car. Yes it is cross breed between a Bronco and the Escape. I would not recommend the 3 cylinder (all trims except Badlands) unless you are just using it as a city commute. The 4 cylinder has some pep to it. It comparable to a Jeep Cherokee, but much better engine and reliability (its not a jeep lol)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

YamahaRick likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

The cherokee was horribly rated in the comparison test

~sent from mobile

13. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I'd rather have an OJ bronco where the hard top came off than a new one.

969 likes this.
  14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

As long as the Beretta and the Corsica don't get reused....Dear GOD NO!

15. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

78/79 big bronc is best bronc.

ducnut likes this.
  16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I don’t know, man. A lot of badass Pro Stock/Pro Street cars built under the Beretta body.

B3A39DE6-C253-44DE-BE3D-6D001A0F4856.jpeg

Pixelator likes this.
  17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

That a Beretta or a Lumina?

969 likes this.
  18. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Beretta.

Lumina has a wider grille insert, different headlights and marker lights and sharper bumper line. They’re cool in Pro Street form, as well. Complete shit as an automobile, though.

19. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

What in the Hell is happening when people actually start believing that a four cylinder has some “ Pep” to it ? I guess I’m just an old dinosaur, but it’s a V-8 or just stay home ... there’s no replacement for displacement. :flag:

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

In the right vehicle a turbo 4 can have plenty of pop. I am pretty sure a modern GTI or Eco-boost Mustang will hang right with my wife's 2001 Mustang GT. It wouldn't even be close against a WRX STI, Civic Type R or Boxster. But the soundtrack would be all wrong. Can't deny that.