1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurricane Irma

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Sep 5, 2017.

1. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

here in Ocala we got some serious wind and rain. I never lost power or water. our house was built in 2007 so its full hurricane code. had some 100+ mph gusts

2. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Still no power in ftl, lots of lights not working, lots of stations with no fuel.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. vance

vance *

Hey guys, our neighbors are raiding my shed. I have a can of MR12 that is about a year old. It has been opened but closed since the first day I used it. Can someone use that in a generator? Possibly mix half-and-half with regular gas?

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I would be cautious and start with 25%. I tried running old tired U4.4 in lawn equipment and it still had enough magic in it that the engine would only run on full choke...

5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Why not start ripping it out?

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not nearly as entertaining.

7. vance

vance *

Good to know, thanks. Hate to see fuel sitting in the shed when everybody around needs it.

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

As someone who completely remodeled his own house, I may have a simplified view of this kind of thing. Instead of waiting for mold to start growing and causing more issues, I'd be tearing out whatever was ruined(carpet, sheetrock, insulation), get it dried quickly and start fixing it myself after that.

BigBird and Newsshooter like this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Oh, I agree completely. I was practicing my smartassitude. Removing the wet material ASAP is the best thing to do.

10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Oh, I caught your smartassedness. I was just expanding on my previous post.

11. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Because dragging a 400 SQ foot sponge across my undamaged wood floors would suck. Was hoping to get power back to suck up some water first.

12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Utility knife, cut it into strips, roll up the strips and carry them out.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

This.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What, no windows to toss it out of?

15. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Does your wife not have a carpet cleaning machine?

16. notbostrom

Not crank operated. Lol no power here

17. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I was thinking you had power and were just waiting for someone to come use their machines to suck it out.

Now that I look back, you do have power in the RV so run a long extension cord and use that.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

RV doesn't have a genset?

19. notbostrom

Serve pro type company coming out

MELK-MAN likes this.
  20. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

yup. they will run large industrial dehumidifyiers with a drain line to the tub if serious water intrusion, along with big ass fans..