1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CoTA - Austin, Texas | MotoGP / MA 2015 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, Apr 7, 2015.

1. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

CRT bikes were first on COTA (in rain), in 2013...then next test with Honda and Yamaha. They have plenty of data and need no help from MA regulars. Motogp tires (wet and dry) are black and round, similarities to other tires stops there. No motogp team seems to care what MA bikes are doing (unless they disrupt their weekend somehow).

2. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

The arrogance of those Moto Gp teams. :rolleyes:

3. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

You always got Rossi mofuckka

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:

5. g maloney

Apples to oranges comparison, actually apples to oranges grown on mars would be a better comparison. :)
    grasshopper stirring the pot again?

6. With all this rain talk, keep in mind that the race is still four days away. Forecasts can change a lot in four days.

7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Thanks. I knew GP hadn't raced in the rain there, but I forgot about the 2013 tests in the rain, although that still wouldn't apply to Suzuki. As Suzuki is learning everything everywhere they go, so the less data other teams have on a track and conditions coming into the weekend the better it probably is for them.

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  9. g maloney

If it rains (or dry), I believe Bridgestone has a handle on it. Then teams will conform/adapt VERY quickly. Small window to keep bridgestones at their peak... High load and heat (simple really). NO motogp team will need ANY info from ANY MA team (ever).

10. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I would imagine that the GP telemetry picks up more data than a Moto-America team's telemetry would.

Either way, I'm stoked to see both M-A, and GP in one weekend!

:clap:
    :beer:

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Isn't there a new intermediate tire this year?....

Or is it next year

That could make things interesting.

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

You Goddam right I do and you know why? Because he's the GOAT! The GREATEST! EVER! PFFFFFF! All y'all mugs dissin on his ass and the fukka's got 9 woods. Fuck you got? Shiiiiit.

13. g maloney

It's another galaxy the gp teams are in (moto 2 and moto 3 included).
    However it's VERY cool (and encouraging to see the USA become more aligned with motogp)! I'm anxious to see the progress from MA.

14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

1 GP bike probably gets more telemetry than the entire MA grid.

I've got Iannone for the win in the wet. He will punt Marc off track with 3 laps to go.

15. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Nope..... He'll be wearing a quality helmet with a HJC sticker slapped on it. Lol

Also MM ......unless it's wet. Then all bets are off. Should be a good race!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  16. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

He did podium in his first wet race ever, while in his first season on a MotoGP bike, after falling back to 8th, so I'll go out on a limb and lock in Marquez. :D

17. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Growing up in Tulsa we started referring mobile homes as tornado magnets. They seem to attract them.

18. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Weather.com says 50% chance of rain on Friday, then 80% chance on Saturday and Sunday. So as some previously posted, all bets are off.

19. caferace

caferace No.

20. caferace

caferace No.

Who is 2470396 UNASSIGNED? Is that Elena?

-jim