1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'General' started by slowzx6, Mar 24, 2015.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He had an older, UJM-type bike he rode around on, maybe a GS or a CB of some kind. The accident scene pics look like that bike. Pure speculation but people who've been to the scene mentioned skid marks from brake lockup so he was probably trying to avoid something. Such a terrible, unfortunate accident.

2. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

"Gone too soon" sounds so cliché, but, the words fit. His desire, skill, attitude, and personality will certainly be missed. Prayers to family and those close to him.

3. light 3

light 3 the bot

Godspeed.

4. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Terrible news, so sad for his family and friends. Never met Dane, but in all ways he appeared to be a really cool & down to earth guy and a great ambassador to the sport. Huge loss for the entire racing community.

5. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

RIP racer

6. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Not buying the single vehicle aspect.

7. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

I'm crushed. I still don't believe it. I heard my phone blowing up early this morning and immediately knew something was up. RIP. My thoughts and prayers to The Westby family. Chuck let me know if I can do ANYthing.

8. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

9. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed meeting him and his dad in the CMRA paddock years ago. Every time I saw him since he always took the time to chat if he had it.

Attached Files:

10. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

RIP Dane.

He was such a great guy. I'll never forget hanging with him and his father, Tryg, at the WERA National rounds back in the day. I got to know quite a few of the OMRA gang when they had the garage next to mine for a few years at the AMA RRGC's. It's going to be so hard to roll through the AMA paddock without Dane there.

My condolences to all of Dane's acquaintances.

11. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

too young, such terrible news. RIP Dane

12. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

Right in the feels...RIP Wolverine

13. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

14. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I saw a quote from his friend/mechanic that the skid marks go straight then veer towards the curb. He said theres a burger place across the street from the scene and they are of the opinion that someone pulled out and he was braking hard and trying to avoid a collision.

Its speculation.

RIP Dane.

15. HRC-E.B.

HRC-E.B. Well-Known Member

Please say it ain't so! My God! That is so sad!

16. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member

Such an awesome human being living a spectacular life. May we emulate his spirit and remember his life.

17. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

RiP Dane. Prayers to the Westby family and Patricia

18. bmart23

bmart23 Well-Known Member

19. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

Got to meet Dane and his father went they pitted next to us at the ama race at njmp, good people.

R.I.P wolverine. :(

20. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

So, so sad.

R.I.P. Dane, an amazing talent.