It may be time for Rousey...

Discussion in 'General' started by socal, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Ain't you got a child to diaper?:rolleyes:

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Hell that happened Saturday. Why would I put one on him now?

3. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

There are plenty of smaller guys playing in both leagues. Are you saying height and weight is the deciding factor in women not getting to the same level as males, not speed and strength?

Outside of those two, in what physical sports are women competing at the same level as men? If they are just as capable why do they need seperate leagues in almost every single sport?

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid:

5. Ben Gooding

Ben Gooding Well-Known Member

I'm tired for sure, it feels like a job to defend Uncle Clar and I. We are tired of the crazy ass accusations against us. We are fine upstanding citizens of our community. Unlike some on this BBS!

We be trying.....to help the ill-informed!

6. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I'm saying you chose two sports where the average male player is inherently much stronger (and possibly faster) than the average female player, not because he's got a dick instead of tits, but because he's physically much larger. My point about fighting and racing is that there is no males-are-typically-much-larger advantage. In fighting it's equalized by having weight categories, and in racing being larger is usually a disadvantage.

There are very few physical sports where women are able to compete on the same level as men, because there are very few physical sports that eliminate or reverse that size advantage. Like I said earlier, I'm not trying to say women can do everything equally as well as men. I'm just trying to say that predicting that any UFC Champion would get "pummeled" is foolish, regardless of the gender of the competitors. Physical size is by far the largest athletic difference between males and females, and fighting leagues strive to negate size differences.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

What's FTFY?

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

FTFY = Fixed That For You

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

While we're on the subject of internet acronyms, what does 'SMH' stand for? Thanks. Love, GB.

10. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

the composition of the male and female body are different. Pound per pound no comparison in muscle or strength. This will lead to advantages in speed as well. To say she would give a male with equal training and level of fitness a run for their money is delusional.

11. six6two

six6two AWD

She will never fight a man in the UFC and doesn't need to. Sure she can beat a lot of guys out there. No one is disputing that. But at the end of the day the male anatomy has advantages over the female anatomy for fighting in so many different ways from reflexes all the way down to bone structure and density.

Sure she might could out smart a lot of even the top guys in her class right now, but this is professional fighting at the top and if she slipped up and took a lick from any of the top guys it could get really ugly really fast because of the fact that she is a female, and females do not seem to be able to take blows to the head as well as men weather its facial bone structure, neck build or whatever. No one needs to see that.

She simply has never had to take hits to the head from a man in the ring and does not need to.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

There is no way in hell any sanctioning body (or its insurer), any venue (or its insurer), or any media outlet (or its advertisers) will go for any male vs female fight in this day & age. Even female vs female had a lot of grumbling just a few years ago which hasn't fully subsided.

Political correctness constraints aside, she'd thoroughly embarrass me in the octagon and I have probably 70 pounds on her. She'd defeat probably 99% of the overall population of men her weight in an MMA rules match. However, comma, she wouldn't stand a chance vs any half-assed MMA trained male her weight. Women simply aren't as strong as men. Reference the weightlifing records linked earlier. This beast woman is the unlimited heavyweight women's record holder in the combined snatch and clean&jerk. Her total is barely higher than the 140# mens record.

[​IMG]

This was America's top heavyweight female comtender in 2012. Her results wouldn't have made the top ten in the men's 56kg(123.2#) division.

[​IMG]

Strength obviously isn't everything, but it's enough that this whole conversation is pointless.

13. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Bonus points for working snatch and clean & jerk into the thread.:up:

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Those two pics have thoroughly crushed my libido for the week, though. :( LOL

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Quick, somebody quote the Gina Carano pic!

16. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

CLEAR!

[​IMG]

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Thank you!

18. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Shaking My Head

19. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood